Better Than Default is, without a single doubt, the perfect resource pack for players who enjoy the traditional visuals of Minecraft and want to enhance them without having to use another resource pack with a different art style. The pack does an excellent job of sticking with the art style of vanilla Minecraft while simultaneously enhancing the visuals by a tremendous amount. The pack includes some of the highest quality textures that we’ve seen in a faithful resource pack, and it pairs these textures with excellent design techniques to make for visuals that are straight up delightful.
The primary focus of the Better Than Default resource pack is towards the textures that players see the most. For example, the pack improves the textures of lava, water, grass and stone by a significant amount and makes them look a lot better than they do in vanilla Minecraft. The thing we like most about this pack is the fact that the textures are absolutely noiseless. In vanilla Minecraft’s textures, there’s quite a bit of noise but, in this particular pack, you’ll never have to worry about encountering any noise in your textures. The pack doesn’t change the color palette all that much so expect to see the same colors that you see in vanilla Minecraft. Alongside all these changes, Better Than Default also brings a lot of fresh animations to
Although the Better Than Default resource pack upgrades the quality of the textures by a surprising amount, it keeps the same x16 resolution that vanilla Minecraft has to offer, and this is definitely great news for people who play Minecraft on a low-end PC and can’t handle resource packs that come with high resolution.
Better Than Default Resource Pack Update Logs
for Minecraft 1.13.1
- Converted resource pack format to version 4 for Minecraft 1.13
- Removed obsolete Minecraft Realms logo.
- Added new HD Java Edition logo to the main menu, with resolution and design equivalent to the Minecraft logo.
- Converted Horse Armor to work with the new horse model in Minecraft 1.13
- Added missing notches to boss bars.
How to install Better Than Default Resource Pack?
- Download & Install Optifine.
- Start Minecraft.
- Click “Options” in the start menu.
- Click “resource packs” in the options menu.
- In the resource packs menu, click “Open resource pack folder”.
- Put the .zip file you downloaded in the resource pack folder.