In Minecraft, players are always collecting various things; blocks which are dug up, ores which are mined and drops from hostile mobs all end up in the player’s inventory. This can create a huge mess, as many Minecraft players already know. Then, when it comes to storing that stuff later on, sorting things is such a time-consuming process that many players just dump what they have into a box and leave everything in disarray. The Inventory Tweaks mod is perfect for players who are sick of hand-sorting the goods from their inventory. It does much of that work for the player, in a single click instead of several.
Inventory Tweaks mod allows players to set up several parameters and conditions, to which the mod will refer when keeping the player’s inventory sorted. It automatically loads more items into the player’s hotkey bar when a space becomes available, too. For instance, say you’re building a cobblestone road and you have several stacks of cobblestone in your inventory, but only one spot on your hotkey bar for that cobblestone. When one stack runs out, Inventory Tweaks will just move another stack of cobble into the recently emptied spot. This can save players a lot of time in Minecraft.
Additionally, as tools are broken due to use, they will be replaced with fresh tools from the player’s inventory if they are carrying extra tools. This happens fast enough to stop the newly vacant inventory slot from being filled by whatever is near the player when their tool breaks, so there’s no longer any need to open the inventory and move things around after a tool breaks. Be aware that Inventory Tweaks is compatible with most other mods, but may be blocked from working during online play if a server is using one of many different anti-cheat plugins.
Inventory Tweaks Mod for Minecraft 1.8 and 1.7.10 Changelogs
- Network handling for server-assisted mode should be more consistent.
- Sorting works in creative mode inventory again.
- Move-all-of-type shortcut works more often in situations where the first item in the section was not the clicked item.
- Horses/Donkeys equipped with a chest are now sortable.
- Default sort of items not in the item tree altered to provide better results in most cases.
- Mushroom stew auto-refill works again.
- Various other small changes.
- Bukkit (or some unknown bukkit plugin) appears to interfere with enchanted items.
- Nothing I can do about it.
- Rules using explicit IDs may not work due to new ID handling.
- Auto-refill appears to be broken in Minecraft 1.8
How to install Inventory Tweaks Mod for Minecraft?
- Make sure Forge is installed
- Put the jar in your mods folder
- Run the game!
Download Links for Inventory Tweaks Mod
for Minecraft 1.9.4 / 1.10.2
for Minecraft 1.9
for Minecraft 1.8.8/1.8.9
for Minecraft 1.8
for Minecraft 1.7.10/1.7.2
Credit: Kobata – Original Thread on MinecraftForum