When it comes to mods, there is one aspect of Minecraft which often gets overlooked. It’s so commonly used that this is actually kind of surprising. The object is, of course, the door. Or doors if you prefer, since there are different versions for each type of wood; but each does the same thing and the differences are only cosmetic. Well, the Malisis Doors mod adds a number of new doors to Minecraft. Some of these work in different ways from standard doors, like by sliding into adjacent walls on one or both sides when opening. New animations are added for the vanilla doors too.
The Malisis Doors mod doesn’t just add doors to Minecraft either. It features other furniture items, like curtains, which work in a similar fashion to doors by opening or closing when right clicked. But a curtain certainly isn’t a door, right? There’s the paper door which was already talked about – that’s the one that slides into walls. Jail cells are like doors made from iron bars and they too slide into the adjacent wall when operated. Sensor bars placed above sliding doors will actually activate them when an entity moves within range. Fans of modern cities will love this for use in malls and grocery stores.
Perhaps the coolest door in the Malisis Doors mod is the huge one that takes up more than just two blocks going vertically. The door is tall enough to neatly decorate large holes in walls, making for a great main entrance door or just useful for any point where you really want to call attention to a specific set of doors. Likewise, the automated garage door is also very large and takes up much more space than a standard door. With hints of realism and modern electronics, this mod is perfect for anyone trying to build a modern city in Minecraft.
Malisis Doors Mod Update Logs
- Fixed possible crash with Rusty Hatch.
- Fixed item sometimes not dropping when breaking doors.
- Fixed typo in registry name for Birch Fence Gate which prevented vanilla ones from animating.
- Fixed possible when rendering doors.
- Improved performances when lots of doors and trapdoors were used in world.
How to install Malisis Doors Mod?
- Download Forge installer, open it and install
- Open the Minecraft launcher and select Forge in the profile list
- Click Edit Profile and then Open Game Dir, this opens the game folder
- Create a new folder called mods
- Download the mod and put it into the mods folder
Note: Requires MalisisCore Library