The mini-map is arguably one of the most important things in pretty much any video game out there that consists of it. The reason it’s so crucial is that it allows players to get a ton of information about their surroundings and about the place they’re in with a simple glance. Mini-maps have evolved quite a lot over the years and modern day maps even show some really helpful extra detail like where certain objects are located or where nearby enemies are. The Mapwriter 2 Mod is an example of a high-quality mini-map. It’s the successor to the original Mapwriter mod. The need for a successor arose when the developer of the original stopped updating it.
Mapwriter 2 Mod for Minecraft is one of the most full-fledged open source maps that you can possibly apply to your Minecraft client. It has a whole lot of customization options that allow you to view it the way you prefer to and it has multitudes of other great features that add a whole new level of convenience to the player’s experience. You can set waypoints, you can zoom in and out however you please, and you can even save the areas that you’ve explored if you want to view their maps at some other time.
Keep in mind that Mapwriter 2 Mod is client-side only and if you’re using it on a server, then the server doesn’t need to have it installed in order for it to function properly. Perhaps the highlight feature of Mapwriter 2 is that it has a really well executed underground map mode that makes navigation below the surface way easier. The underground mode used to be rather buggy at release but over time, it’s been patched so at its current state it functions just fine. Overall, if you’re looking for an informative mini-map then consider applying this mod.
Mapwriter 2 Mod Key Bindings
Below are bindings that are default, they can be changed in the game.
- Press Escape -> Options… -> Controls
- ‘N’ toggles mini-map between normal mode, large mode, and hidden.
- ‘M’ opens/closes the interactive map GUI.
- ‘,’ toggles which marker group is shown.
- ‘.’ teleports to nearest visible marker in the direction you are facing.
- ‘PAGE UP’ zooms out.
- ‘PAGE DOWN’ zooms in.
- ‘U’ toggles underground mode.
How to install Mapwriter 2 Mod?
- Download Forge installer, open it and install
- Open the Minecraft launcher and select Forge in the profile list
- Click Edit Profile and then Open Game Dir, this opens the game folder
- Create a new folder called mods
- Download the mod and put it into the mods folder