Let’s get right to it. Optifine HD for Minecraft 1.13.1/1.12.2 and 1.11.2 is a mod that promises a significant boost to FPS for anyone playing Minecraft, whether they are online or offline, playing in single player or with other people. However, for servers hosted by others, the owner must have Optifine HD mod installed on their server for the mod to work; you having it installed on your own computer will not be enough, in this case.
This mod has not been updated to work with Minecraft 1.13.1 yet, but the developer is only waiting for an update to MCP, which is a useful tool for organizing and activating/deactivating installed Minecraft mods (1.13.1 and 1.13 is ready but in beta stage). Until these updates are released, Optifine HD mod will still work well with any version of Minecraft 1.13.1 and 1.12.2, and there are older versions of this mod if you’re the type who likes to play older versions of Minecraft, before many new elements were introduced to the game.
While this mod will make some improvements to Minecraft gameplay, there are some settings you can use once it is installed to maximize really the benefits. Follow this list of moves and you will undoubtedly see a massive FPS increase: set graphics to fast; set render distance to short/tiny; turn off smooth lighting; set performance to max FPS; set AdvancedOpenGL to fast; turn off clouds; turn off fog; then, turn off animations, the sky and the stars.
After this, Minecraft may not be much to look at, but that’s really not a big deal when you consider how blocky the game is anyhow. With Optifine HD mod, it’s possible to enjoy Minecraft even on older computers.
Optifine HD Mod Update Logs
- Fixed black horizon on disable shaders.
- Fixed mipmap type and blending.
- Fixed load visible chunks (F3+L).
- Fixed shaders uniform isEyeInWater for waterlogged blocks.
- Fixed parsing of shader texture metadata.
- Fixed shader options sliders.
- Fixed button Done in GuiMessage.
- Fixed crash with Java 9+
- And many others fixed!
- An early preview, not all functions are tested.
- Not working: anisotropic filtering, antialiasing.
- Partially working: shaders.
- Updated to 1.13
How to install Optifine HD Mod in Minecraft 1.13.1, 1.12.2 & other versions?
- Download the mod install JAR file from below.
- Just open the installer with Java and click on “Install” button!
- That’s it! 🙂
- Download the mod jar file from below.
- Download & Install Forge API.
- Copy the mod jar file in %appdata%/.minecraft/mods (run Minecraft with Forge profile one time to get mods folder or just created a simple folder with “mods” name).
Problems to open the Java installer:
- If you can not open the installer, make sure you have installed Java on your PC!
- If the JAR file open with another software (WinRAR or another), you can fix by right-clicking on the JAR file, go to “Open with” and select Java(TM) Platform SE binary from the list.