Let’s get right to it. Optifine HD for Minecraft 1.12 & 1.11.2 is a mod that promises a significant boost to FPS for anyone playing Minecraft, whether they are online or offline, playing in single player or with other people. However, for servers hosted by others, the owner must have Optifine HD mod installed on their server for the mod to work; you having it installed on your own computer will not be enough, in this case.
This mod has not been updated to work with Minecraft 1.12 yet, but the developer is only waiting for an update to MCP, which is a useful tool for organizing and activating/deactivating installed Minecraft mods. Until these updates are released, Optifine HD mod will still work well with any version of Minecraft 1.10 and 1.11, and there are older versions of this mod if you’re the type who likes to play older versions of Minecraft, before many new elements were introduced to the game.
While this mod will make some improvements to Minecraft gameplay, there are some settings you can use once it is installed to maximize really the benefits. Follow this list of moves and you will undoubtedly see a massive FPS increase: set graphics to fast; set render distance to short/tiny; turn off smooth lighting; set performance to max FPS; set AdvancedOpenGL to fast; turn off clouds; turn off fog; then, turn off animations, the sky and the stars.
After this, Minecraft may not be much to look at, but that’s really not a big deal when you consider how blocky the game is anyhow. With Optifine HD mod, it’s possible to enjoy Minecraft even on older computers.
Optifine HD Mod Update Logs
- Fixed tall grass rendering in the End when mipmaps are enabled.
- Fixed item pickup animation using wrong shaders program.
- Fixed entity shadows using wrong shaders programs (spiders, players, enchanted items).
- Added shaders compatible rendering for end portals.
- Fixed CEM for zombie_pigman.
- Compatible with Forge #2298.
- Fixed grass and flowers bounding box to match render model
- Fixed flickering CTM overlays for rotated models
- Fixed custom items handheld rendering
- Fixed CTM overlays to work only for full face quads
- Fixed Custom Items crash when referencing “assets/minecraft/textures/items”
- Fixed face culling for custom pane models
- Enabled shader variable “ambientOcclusionLevel”
- Fixed Better Snow with shaders and waving grass
- Optimized entity rendering
- Fixed Fast Render default to OFF
- Added custom panoramas
- Added CTM method overlay (block transitions)
- Fixed CTM horizontal and vertical for top and bottom faces
- Added CTM method “ctm_compact”uses 5 textures instead of 47
How to install Optifine HD Mod?
- Download the mod jar file.
- Just open with Java and click on “Install” button!
Download Links for Optifine HD Mod
for Minecraft 1.12 – Update on 18.06.2017
for Minecraft 1.11.2 – Update on 13.06.2017
for Minecraft 1.11 – Update on 04.05.2017
for Minecraft 1.10.2 – Update on 04.05.2017
for Minecraft 1.10 – Update on 04.05.2017
for Minecraft 1.9.4 – Update on 04.05.2017
for Minecraft 1.8.9 – Update on 04.05.2017
for Minecraft 1.7.10 – Update on 04.05.2017
If you are looking for a version that is not listed here, check out the official website below.
Credit: sp614x – Official Website: OptiFine.net