Let’s get right to it. Optifine HD for Minecraft 1.12.2 and 1.11.2 is a mod that promises a significant boost to FPS for anyone playing Minecraft, whether they are online or offline, playing in single player or with other people. However, for servers hosted by others, the owner must have Optifine HD mod installed on their server for the mod to work; you having it installed on your own computer will not be enough, in this case.
This mod has not been updated to work with Minecraft 1.12 yet, but the developer is only waiting for an update to MCP, which is a useful tool for organizing and activating/deactivating installed Minecraft mods. Until these updates are released, Optifine HD mod will still work well with any version of Minecraft 1.10 and 1.11, and there are older versions of this mod if you’re the type who likes to play older versions of Minecraft, before many new elements were introduced to the game.
While this mod will make some improvements to Minecraft gameplay, there are some settings you can use once it is installed to maximize really the benefits. Follow this list of moves and you will undoubtedly see a massive FPS increase: set graphics to fast; set render distance to short/tiny; turn off smooth lighting; set performance to max FPS; set AdvancedOpenGL to fast; turn off clouds; turn off fog; then, turn off animations, the sky and the stars.
After this, Minecraft may not be much to look at, but that’s really not a big deal when you consider how blocky the game is anyhow. With Optifine HD mod, it’s possible to enjoy Minecraft even on older computers.
Optifine HD Mod Update Logs
- Fixed shaders program fallback.
- Added alpha test and blend mode per shaders program.
- Updated shaders function “smooth” to use automatic ID.
- Optimized shader uniforms (cached location and last value per program).
- Replaced Random Mobs with Random Entities, extended to support all entities and tile entities.
- Enabled shader uniforms “entityId” and “blockEntityId” for the shadow pass (#1075).
- Extended CTM to check for named tile entities.
How to install Optifine HD Mod?
- Download the mod jar file.
- Just open with Java and click on “Install” button!