Let’s get right to it. Optifine HD for Minecraft 1.11.2 is a mod that promises a significant boost to FPS for anyone playing Minecraft, whether they are online or offline, playing in single player or with other people. However, for servers hosted by others, the owner must have Optifine HD mod installed on their server for the mod to work; you having it installed on your own computer will not be enough, in this case.
This mod has not been updated to work with
Minecraft 1.11.2 yet, but the developer is only waiting for an update to MCP, which is a useful tool for organizing and activating/deactivating installed Minecraft mods. Until these updates are released, Optifine HD mod will still work well with any version of Minecraft 1.10 and 1.11, and there are older versions of this mod if you’re the type who likes to play older versions of Minecraft, before many new elements were introduced to the game.
While this mod will make some improvements to Minecraft gameplay, there are some settings you can use once it is installed to maximize really the benefits. Follow this list of moves and you will undoubtedly see a massive FPS increase: set graphics to fast; set render distance to short/tiny; turn off smooth lighting; set performance to max FPS; set AdvancedOpenGL to fast; turn off clouds; turn off fog; then, turn off animations, the sky and the stars.
After this, Minecraft may not be much to look at, but that’s really not a big deal when you consider how blocky the game is anyhow. With Optifine HD mod, it’s possible to enjoy Minecraft even on older computers.
Optifine HD Mod Update Logs
- Fixed crash with Railcraft and AA/AF enabled
- Fixed NPE in shaders when renderViewEntity is NULL
- Fixed transparent hand with shaders when the world border is visible
- Fixed CEM animation operator “%”
- Fixed CEM for ender crystal
- Fixed cloud color transitions
- Fixed Custom Sky not visible for Render Distance below 8 chunks
- Fixed fog affecting the debug renderer
- Fixed CEM models glowing with shaders (spider, enderman, dragon)
- Added CEM for donkey, mule, skeleton_horse and zombie_horse
- Added support for animated normal and specular textures
- Added shaders uniforms “frameCounter” and “frameTime”
- Added shaders option to skip framebuffer texture clear
- Added Custom Sky option “weather=clear|rain|thunder”
- Fixed shaders bug: centerDepthSmooth not working when gaux4 is active
- Fixed CEM custom texture overriding TileEntity destroy overlay
- Fixed CEM model scale
- Fixed minecart CEM model
- Fixed render distance Extreme in The End
- Reorganized reflection support
- Compatible with Forge #2188
- Fixed grass and flowers bounding box to match render model
- Fixed flickering CTM overlays for rotated models
- Fixed custom items handheld rendering
- Fixed CTM overlays to work only for full face quads
- Fixed Custom Items crash when referencing “assets/minecraft/textures/items”
- Fixed face culling for custom pane models
- Enabled shader variable “ambientOcclusionLevel”
- Fixed Better Snow with shaders and waving grass
- Optimized entity rendering
- Fixed Fast Render default to OFF
- Added custom panoramas
- Added CTM method overlay (block transitions)
- Fixed CTM horizontal and vertical for top and bottom faces
- Added CTM method “ctm_compact”uses 5 textures instead of 47
- Fixed PureBDCraft saplings in GUI, removed hack for plants, resource packs should use “symmetry=all” for flowers.
- Fixed water block color from below.
- Fixed chunk loading race condition.
- Fixed exp orbs flashing.
- Fixed connected textures for glass panes to affect only sides (keep top and bottom textures).
- Fixed VSync to be loaded correctly.
- Ported OptiFine B6 for 1.9.4 to 1.10
How to install Optifine HD Mod?
- Download the mod jar file.
- Just open with Java and click on “Install” button!
Download Links for Optifine HD Mod
for Minecraft 1.11.2
- OptiFine_1.11.2_HD_U_B6.jar – Update on 12.01.2017
for Minecraft 1.11
- OptiFine_1.11_HD_U_B6.jar – Update on 12.01.2017
for Minecraft 1.10.2
- OptiFine_1.10.2_HD_U_D6.jar – Update on 12.01.2017
for Minecraft 1.10
- OptiFine_1.10_HD_U_C1.jar – Update on 30.06.2016
for Minecraft 1.9.4
- OptiFine_1.9.4_HD_U_B6.jar – Update on 13.06.2016
for Minecraft 1.9 – Update on 07.06.2016
for Minecraft 1.8.9
- OptiFine_1.8.9_HD_U_H6.jar – Update on 20.03.2016
for Minecraft 1.8 – FULL version!
- OptiFine_1.8.0_HD_U_H5.jar – Update on 20.03.2016
for Minecraft 1.7.10
- OptiFine_1.7.10_HD_C1.jar – Update on 02.07.2015
- OptiFine_1.7.10_HD_U_D3.jar – Update on 20.03.2016
- OptiFine_1.7.10_L_B6.jar – Update on 17.04.2015
If you are looking for a version that is not listed here, check out the official website below.
Credit: sp614x – Official Website: OptiFine.net