Falling from great heights in Minecraft pretty much always means a horrible death when you land. This has been the bane of many players in Hardcore worlds who just dig a little too far and end up taking their last long plummet to the ground below. But even for players who can respawn, this is a great annoyance. Sure, you might get lucky enough to fall into some water, or be wearing enough armor with enchantments to save your life, but what if there was another way? The Parachute mod is the cure for this problem. It introduces parachutes which allow the player to descend slowly from great heights.
Not only do these parachutes save you from falling to your death, but they also open up new dynamics in the game of Minecraft. Have you ever wanted to go base jumping in real life? That’s leaping from the roofs of progressively shorter buildings, always going downward, and using a parachute to kind of sail to the next lowest level where you just jump again. It’s a lot of fun, and no other addition to Minecraft relates the thrill of base jumping in a better way than the Parachute mod. This one is definitely worth picking up.
Parachute Mod Update Logs
- New steering controls using WASD keys.
- Updated HUD with an indicator showing the player where the front of the chute is.
- At this time this version is an alternative to the ‘player look’ steering control which will remain available pending user comments.
How to install Parachute Mod?
- Download Forge installer, open it and install.
- Open the Minecraft launcher and select Forge in the profile list.
- Click Edit Profile and then Open Game Dir, this opens the game folder.
- Create a new folder called mods.
- Download the mod and put it into the mods folder.