Rough Tweaks is a mod that’s been made specifically for players who don’t want to be handheld as they make their way through the world of Minecraft. Most run-of-the-mill Minecraft mods are designed to make Minecraft more convenient or easy, and these mods do this by adding various kinds of gameplay elements or by tweaking some of the in-game numbers like mob damage, weapon damage, mob health and what not. However, Rough Tweaks takes the alternate route and instead makes things more difficult for players. It’s basically the perfect mod for hardcore players that are looking for a challenge.
It’s worth mentioning that Rough Tweaks doesn’t make any major functionality changes to Minecraft, so most of its changes are pretty minor and based mostly around number tweaking. The major change that the mod makes is that it completely disables natural health regeneration and because of this you’ll have to be extra careful since each hit will be a lot more punishing without the health regeneration. The mod also makes changes to sleeping since you’ll now heal a heart every time you go to sleep.
Aside from the changes to the health regeneration and sleeping, the Rough Tweaks mod also implements five different items that’ll each heal half a heart upon use. The function of these items is the same but the thing that sets them apart is the amount of times that they can be used before running out. For example, the Salve can only be used two times before running out whereas the Medikit can be used sixteen times before it runs out. In order to acquire these health recovery items, you can either craft them or hope that they drop from mobs. It’s worth mentioning that mobs can’t drop Medikits so you’ll have to craft those on your own if you’re looking to add some to your inventory.
Rough Tweaks Mod for Minecraft 1.12.2 Features
- Disables natural health regeneration on world join.
- Sleeping now heals 1 Heart.
- Adds 5 new items which heal half a heart on use
- Salve: Can be used 2 times
- Plaster: Can be used 4 times
- Bandage: Can be used 6 times
- Medikit: Can be used 16 times
- Enchanted Medikit: Can be used 16 times. Also gives the user the absorption effect for a short period.
- Changed item use animation. Now players should know how to use the item correctly.
How to install Rough Tweaks Mod?
- Step 1: Install Minecraft Forge.
- Step 2: Go to your .minecraft/mods folder.
- Step 3: Put roughTweaks-X.jar in your mods folder.
- Step 4: Start game.