Do the standard lighting effects in Minecraft leave something to be desired? For most people, they do. Even with smooth lighting and graphics settings maxed out, everything still looks, well, blocky. Sildur’s Shaders mod is just one of many different shader mods which focus on improving the overall look of Minecraft by adding more realistic lighting effects. Light will roll around corners and cast realistic shadows, just like in real life, and the effects on Minecraft are instantly recognizable once you have installed this mod. Like other shaders, this mod requires a good bit of graphics processing power.
Sildur’s Vibrant Shaders:
Unlike other shaders which focus solely on lighting effects, Sildur’s Shaders mod also implements waving grass. It might not sound like much, but compared to the eerily still grass which is standard in Minecraft, the moving stuff gives the impression of a rolling breeze passing by. It makes the game more engrossing, and that’s good news for those of us who use Minecraft as a means of escape. Sunspots, lens flare, motion blur and other effects also help make Minecraft look more realistic when this mod is installed. Overall, the visuals of Minecraft will only improve with this mod installed, so try it out.
Sildur’s Shaders Mod Update Logs
- Fixed bloom in nether
- Ported improved colored shadows from enhanced default to vibrant shaders!
- Added water parallax mapping (medium extreme, can be toggled in parallax mapping option, disabled by default in medium)
- Added support for User-friendly options.
- The preview version for 1.8.9 no longer requires you to enable the in-game Minecraft1.8 option! (OF author backported shadersmod improvements from 1.11.2)
- Various code improvements
- Improved water visuals, adjusted colors
- Volumetric lighting now automatically disables godrays
- Fixed flashing black square caused by bloom
- Fixed white border caused by bloom for fermi Nvidia GPUs and some intel GPUs
- Improved lighting on mobs in caves.
- Fixed transparent mobs in nether for some intel and AMD GPUs.
- Fixed hand flickering on some AMD GPUs. (tested on hd6870, driver 16.2.1)
- Fixed nether sky being rendered ontop of transparent blocks.
- Applied a temporary fix for transparent blocks in nether for all systems. It depens on your GPU how well it works / looks.
- Applied a temporary fix for enchanted stuff, it shows the effect on some items but the colors are abit off.