Do the standard lighting effects in Minecraft leave something to be desired? For most people, they do. Even with smooth lighting and graphics settings maxed out, everything still looks, well, blocky. Sildur’s Shaders mod is just one of many different shader mods which focus on improving the overall look of Minecraft by adding more realistic lighting effects. Light will roll around corners and cast realistic shadows, just like in real life, and the effects on Minecraft are instantly recognizable once you have installed this mod. Like other shaders, this mod requires a good bit of graphics processing power.
Sildur’s Vibrant Shaders:
Unlike other shaders which focus solely on lighting effects, Sildur’s Shaders mod also implements waving grass. It might not sound like much, but compared to the eerily still grass which is standard in Minecraft, the moving stuff gives the impression of a rolling breeze passing by. It makes the game more engrossing, and that’s good news for those of us who use Minecraft as a means of escape. Sunspots, lens flare, motion blur and other effects also help make Minecraft look more realistic when this mod is installed. Overall, the visuals of Minecraft will only improve with this mod installed, so try it out.
Sildur’s Shaders Mod for Minecraft 1.8, 1.9 and 1.7.10 Changelogs
v1.13 for Minecraft
- NEW, simple water caustics, also slightly changed transparency of water
- NEW, added more options that can be tweaked in-game is using Optifine 1.8.9 G9 or higher.
v1.10 for Minecraft
- NEW, Water has changed again, can be seen in the screenshot!
- FIXED, Bloom no longer gets cut of by the sky.
- FIXED, Leaves in the distance are no longer bright.
- IMPROVED, Bloom is less pixelated now, without a loss of performance!
- CHANGED, Turned bloom a bit down, as suggested a few times.
How to install Sildur’s Shaders Mod?
- Download the Minecraft Forge and GLSL Shaders Mod and installation on both.
- Download the Sildur’s Shaders and go to .minecraft/shaderpacks.
- Put the Sildur’s Shaders files into shaderpacks folder.
- Go ingame to options -> shaderpacks and choose it from the list.
Download Links for Sildur’s Shaders Mod
for Minecraft 1.10.X, 1.9.X, 1.8.X and 1.7.X – Latest version 1.10 (11/04/2016)
- Sildur’s Vibrant shaders 1.141 Lite Recommended for Intel cards and weak systems
- Sildur’s Vibrant shaders 1.141 Medium Recommended for recording or older PCs
- Sildur’s Vibrant shaders 1.141 High ~85-100fps on a [email protected]
- Sildur’s Vibrant Shaders 1.141 High-MotionBlur
- Sildur’s Vibrant shaders 1.141 Extreme 65-85fps on a [email protected]
Credit: Sildur1 – Original Thread on Minecraft Forum