Do the standard lighting effects in Minecraft leave something to be desired? For most people, they do. Even with smooth lighting and graphics settings maxed out, everything still looks, well, blocky. Sildur’s Shaders mod is just one of many different shader mods which focus on improving the overall look of Minecraft by adding more realistic lighting effects. Light will roll around corners and cast realistic shadows, just like in real life, and the effects on Minecraft are instantly recognizable once you have installed this mod. Like other shaders, this mod requires a good bit of graphics processing power.
Sildur’s Vibrant Shaders:
Unlike other shaders which focus solely on lighting effects, Sildur’s Shaders mod also implements waving grass. It might not sound like much, but compared to the eerily still grass which is standard in Minecraft, the moving stuff gives the impression of a rolling breeze passing by. It makes the game more engrossing, and that’s good news for those of us who use Minecraft as a means of escape. Sunspots, lens flare, motion blur and other effects also help make Minecraft look more realistic when this mod is installed. Overall, the visuals of Minecraft will only improve with this mod installed, so try it out.
Sildur’s Shaders Mod Update Logs
- Supports 1.16.3.
- Added waving lanterns and option to toggle it. (WIP)
- Improved nether fog and sky rendering, everything is smooth now since it uses slightly adjusted vanilla fog.
- Added support for blue and grey nether biomes (soul sand valley, twisted forest, basalt deltas – fog color, lighting would make lava blue aswell)
- Adjusted nether visuals to be more like vanilla (fog strength)
- Added metallic and polished reflections for blocks like iron, polished granite and an option to toggle it.
- Added support for reflective honeyblocks. (just like slimeblocks)
- Added Raytraced shadows and and option to toggle it. (requires shadows to be enabled)
- Added End dimension shaders!
- Moved option “Water texture” to the colors -> water section.
- Added option “watertexture blend factor” to the colors -> water section, you can now adjust the default water texture strength.
- Improved performance by about 10-15% (various code optimizations).
- Updated and improved nether shaders.
- Added ingame option Shadowmap Quality. It’s streching the shadowmap, lower values increase shadow quality. Higher values reduce shadow quality but also increase performance.
- Fixed various compiling errors on AMD and Intel gpus.
- Fixed and restored support for older minecraft versions.