For players who want to be as strong and resilient as the Spartans were, the Spartan Shields is a perfect choice. It’s a simple and straightforward mod that adds a few items into the game. The mod doesn’t really add that many items and it isn’t overloaded with features like most mods that come out nowadays but it’s still worth checking out because the items that it implements are really high quality, balanced and fit perfectly into the world of Minecraft. If you’re looking for an overloaded mod that brings a ton of functionality to Minecraft, then we recommend looking elsewhere. On the other hand, if you want a fairly basic mod that implements a few useful items into the game then Spartan Shields should definitely deliver.
As its name suggests, the Spartan Shields mod implements shields into the game and the designs of these shields have been inspired by the Spartans of history. The best part about this mod is that it offers shield for pretty much every single phase of the gameplay. For players just starting off, there’s the Crude Wooden Shield that can easily be crafted but has low durability. However, for players who’ve reached the late game and need all the stats that they can get, there’s the Diamond Reinforced Shield that has an insane amount of durability and is incredibly hard to break through.
The Spartan Shields mod has been designed for Minecraft 1.11.2 and 1.10.2 only, so you’ll probably need to upgrade your Minecraft in order to use the mod if you’re playing an older version of the game. It’s also worth mentioning that the mod requires Java 8 to run properly. Finally, for those who are interested in adding Spartan Shields to their modpack, the creator has given full permission to do so.
Spartan Shields Mod Changelogs
Spartan Shields Mod for Minecraft 1.12.2
- Update Minecraft Forge to version 220.127.116.113
- Re-implemented the Redstone Flux API, due to it being changed to a mod. The Redstone Flux mod is *not* required to charge the powered Shields, so long as you have a mod that can charge items using Forge Energy.
- Removed the Dark Steel Riot Shield & the Botania Shields, due to these mods not being available in 1.12 yet. They will return when the mods get ported to 1.12.
- Config Changes:
- Changed the categories the config options appear in. There is now four categories; Vanilla, Common Modded Shields, Thermal Modded Shields & Powered Shields. This will cause your configs to reset so be warned!
Spartan Shields Mod for Minecraft 1.11.2
- Updated Minecraft Forge to version 18.104.22.1689
- The Fluxed Riot Shield (now available again but uncraftable until EnderIO returns) & the new Infused Riot Shield can accept Forge Energy now.
- Added remapping code so shields can be brought over from previous versions of Minecraft. This version of the mod needs to be running upon loading the world for the code to work however.
- Added the “Vanilla Only” config option. Setting this to true will disable all shields based off of modded materials.
- Added a new logo to mcmod.info. Viewable in the Mods menu when you select Spartan Shields.
How to install Spartan Shields Mod?
- Download and install the recommended Minecraft Forge for your Minecraft version.
- Download the latest mod version for your Minecraft version.
- Put the .jar file into the mods folder of your Minecraft installation.