Have you ever wanted to interact with unicorns while playing Minecraft? They seem like just the sort of fantasy creatures you’d find in a world with the walking dead, dragons and other classic stuff from fantasy literature, games, and movies. The Wings, Horns and Hooves mod brings these fabled creatures to Minecraft and allows players to interact with them in a number of ways. Well to be fair, it’s actually four new types of horses – the unicorn, a Pegasus, a nightmare and a destrier. Each of these unique horses also comes with a few special abilities the others do not possess.
Like the nightmare for starters. While it can fly just like the Pegasus, it is the only special horse in this mod which leaves a trail of fire wherever it goes. This is especially useful for simply trampling enemies without getting off your steed, or incinerating a forest much faster than you would normally be able to with a flint and steel. Destriers can create paths of ice across lakes or other bodies of water, even in places where it would normally melt. The Pegasus can use its wings for a special buffet attack to blast enemies with a gust of wind. Unicorns can equip special wands and control the weather.
The Wings, Horns, and Hooves mod makes horses in Minecraft what they should have been from the start – powerful allies who are fun to use and things which you will actually miss if they happen to die in battle or for some other reason. Normal horses can be replaced in a minute or two but these, well these horses are unique to certain biomes, and you won’t find them all huddled together in one place. Breeding the magical horses is possible, but it is a complicated process which will take some time to read about and then learn to implement successfully in the game.
Wings Horns and Hooves Mod Update Logs
- Now for Minecraft 1.12.2!
- Added configuration option to disable notifications on startup (such as messages telling you when there’s a new version available).
- Fixed some crash bugs that happened when running a dedicated server using 1.10.2.
- Fixed a crash bug that could happen when running a dedicated server using 1.11.
- Fixed a problem with custom unicorns that had supercharged powers – the supercharged powers were behaving like normal powers.
How to install Wings Horns and Hooves Mod?
- Download the mod!
- When you haven’t installed Minecraft Forge API yet, download and install it.
- Move the downloaded .jar into the mods folder.
- Have fun!