Shrouded is an innovative and immersive Minecraft survival map that you simply cannot pass up if you’re a fan of the survival genre. We’ve had the delightful pleasure of enjoying some great survival maps over the years but Shrouded seems to surpass most of these because of how creative its concept is and of course how flawless the execution is. The map definitely takes a bit of getting used to because the gameplay it features hasn’t really been seen before but, once you’ve gotten the hang of things, you’ll be in for a delightful time because there are tons of things on this map that aren’t usually seen in this genre.
The charm of the Shrouded map lies in the fact that it actually edits the gamma value of the game to a negative number and this leads to an extraordinary experience. By changing the gamma to a negative value, the visuals become truly dark and gloomy, and this makes for the perfect survival game setting. However, the thing that makes this map truly great is the fact that, on top of its unique gamma value concept, it features some spectacular gameplay that’s been pulled off with absolute perfection.
It’s important to remember that you’ll need to do a few things to make sure that the Shrouded map functions as it’s supposed to. First and foremost, the gamma value in the options needs to be set to -1.0, and you’ll also need to make sure that Optifine isn’t installed because it can mess up the visuals quite a bit. The render distance also needs to be set to a value of 2, 3, or 4 because anything higher can hamper the experience quite a bit. Overall, Shrouded is an extraordinary survival map that didn’t cease to impress us at all.
- Controlled mob spawning.
- Daylight cycle starts when you press “Play!.
- A multitude of biomes.
- Ore Spawns.
- Set your gamma to value “-1.0” in the .minecraft “options” text file and restart the game or else this map is rendered useless.
- Use a non-Optifine/Forge/modded launcher.
- Either set your Render Distance to 2 (Easy Mode) or Max (Hard Mode).
- Do not travel to the Nether yet. This will be added in a later update as complications held me back from completing this.
- Do not utilize Night Vision. You are basically neglecting the challenge.