Animania is an extremely well thought out mod that’s been made to completely overhaul the in-game animals of Minecraft in order to make them feel like an active part of the game. As of right now, most animals are just passive entities that’ll simply wander around until someone ends up killing them for their drops. However, thanks to the Animania mod, this won’t be an issue any longer. The mod makes a variety of different changes to how animals function in Minecraft and, on top of this, it comes with some great visual improvements as well that are a nice bonus.
Going into the specifics of the Animania mod, the biggest change that it makes is that it makes the animals feel more realistic. In vanilla Minecraft, the only thing you have to worry about when keeping animals is simply feeding them from time to time to take care of their hunger but, in this mod, you’ll have to make sure that they not only have a constant supply of nutrition but a way to enjoy themselves as well. For example, animals like pigs will need something like a mud pit because that’s their primarily way of letting off steam. Other than this, animals in this mod react much like the animals in the real world do and this is why you’ll need to approach them with caution if you don’t want to get attacked.
The Animania also changes the rates at which young animals grow in Minecraft and it also alters the amount of care they need in order to grow up happy. On top of all this, the Animania mod features a variety of new models, textures, and animations that make the in-game animals of Minecraft feel much livelier so, all things considered, this is a top notch mod that we absolutely recommend trying out.
Animania Mod for Minecraft 1.12.2 Changelogs
- Default spawning limits and probabilities have been reduced across the board to be closer to the previous animal distribution.
- If you want more animals to spawn by default, just go into the config and change the settings.
- Adult Fainting Goats will now ‘faint’ if you sprint right at them.
- Goats, Sheep, and Rabbits are no longer insatiably thirsty when drinking from troughs or lakes. This also fixes a problem where new animals were not eating because they were always thirsty.
- New peacock feathers added to OreDictionary.
- Nerfed Truffle Soup saturation.
How to install Animania Mod?
- Download and install the recommended Minecraft Forge for your Minecraft version.
- Download the latest mod version for your Minecraft version.
- Put the .jar file into the mods folder of your Minecraft installation.