Food is an integral part of Minecraft. Unless you’re playing on Peaceful mode or you’re otherwise invincible, you’re going to need to eat food regularly to keep your hunger up and restore health lost due to environmental damage or fighting with mobs. Different food items have different hunger values, which is the number of hunger points they restore, as well as saturation values, which denote how full the given food item makes the player feel after eating it. The Applecore API mod allows players to adjust all of these values and literally do whatever they want with food items in Minecraft.
What does this really mean for you? Well, if you wanted to be really cheap, you could take the weakest food item in the game, cookies probably, and make them give the player a full food bar for every one they eat, along with maximum saturation on each cookie. That would make it like getting eight rabbit stew items each time you make some cookies at a crafting table. The Applecore API mod will let you make food items worse too, so they barely feed the player and don’t keep him or her full for very long. The mod can make Minecraft much easier or much more difficult.
In that respect, the Applecore API mod is unique – most mods will either make Minecraft easier or harder, but never give the player the option to do one or the either, or both. Mods like this are great for server hosts who want their online worlds to really stand apart from what players get in single player. Combining this with other content-loaded mods, like SimpleOres, can allow for the creation of some very interesting worlds. This mod is definitely worth checking out and you’ll probably like it so much after trying it out that you keep it anyhow.
- Food values are shown when holding shift.
Hunger/saturation HUD overlay
- When holding food, the hunger/saturation you’d get from eating it flashes on the screen.
Food exhaustion HUD underlay
- Food exhaustion gets shown as a progress bar behind the hunger bar.
Applecore API Mod for Minecraft 1.7.10 Changelogs
- Renamed “show.food.exhaustion.hud.overlay” config option to “show.food.exhaustion.hud.underlay”.
- Fixed netherwart growing past its default max metadata.
How to install Applecore API Mod?
- Download the Minecraft Forge API and install it.
- Download the mod.
- Open the “mods” folder in %appdata%/.minecraft.
- Just put the mod file (.jar) in the “mods” folder.
- Have fun!
Download Links for Applecore API Mod
for Minecraft 1.7.10
Credit: squeek502 – Original Thread on Minecraft Forum