No, you didn’t misread the name of the content. The Bird’s Foods mod is another food mod and the author’s name just happens to be Bird. Or it was, back when the mod was relatively new. Bird’s Foods is over four years old now and the author’s name is different from what it used to be. The mod, however, still functions much the same as it always has. There are dozens of new food items and just as many recipes for putting them all together, including some special smelting and cooking recipes that end up inside a furnace rather than being put together at a crafting table.
There are several different types of foods to choose from, but you’ll find they’re all more or less the same in the end. They all fill your hunger bar and provide varying levels of saturation to keep you full for a while. There are meats like bacon, ground beef, chicken fingers and barbecued pork. There are soups and pies like beef stew, rabbit pie, chicken pot pie and shepherd’s pie. There are many sandwich recipes too, for things like bacon cheeseburgers, puller pork sandwiches and more. The Brid’s Foods mod is just packed full of foods, with dozens of new things to eat.
But again, even if all of the new food items look great and make the Bird’s Foods mod appear to have a great deal of versatility, in the end it all comes down to the same hunger points and slow health regeneration. None of these foods add any special properties to the player, so you won’t have burgers that make you run faster or fish and chips which allow you to breathe underwater. Like many other food mods, this one is a lot of fun to look at but completely and totally unnecessary in the grand scheme of things.
Bird’s Foods Mod Features
A variety of foods, including:
- Soups, Stews, and Pies
- Sandwiches, Burgers, and Tacos
- Curries, Noodles, and Pastas
- Juices, Teas, and alcoholic drinks
- Vegetarian and Vegan options
- and numerous miscellaneous foods
Bird’s Foods Mod for Minecraft 1.12.2 Changelogs
- The first release!
- Tooltips! Foods with special effects now have a basic description, though they’re still vague enough to hopefully encourage experimentation
- Tweaked a few foods, mainly alcoholic beverages
How to install Bird’s Foods Mod?
- Download the mod and Minecraft Forge.
- Install Forge.
- Open up the Start Button
- Type in %appdata% then look for the Roaming folder then look for the .minecraft folder
- Place the mod into the “mods” folder! (if you do not have one, make one or just launch the Minecraft once with Forge)
- Have fun!