The Botania mod adds a great deal of new content to the Minecraft universe. It focuses on magic, nature magic specifically, and you’ll find yourself interacting with Minecraft’s plants and flora more often than you ever did before if you happen to be using this mod. This is essentially a Tech mod which gives the player lots of new ways to interact with the world around them. Thankfully, most of the information about the mod, including added content, recipes and how to craft the things you need to get the most out of Botania, can all be found in-game in the Lexica Botanica.
That’s just a book really, but it comes with a spiffy name and lots of information regarding the Botania mod and how to use it to your advantage. Making the Lexica Botanica is easy, and it should be, since it’s the first step towards actually using the mod. Any simple book item combined with a sapling will do the trick. The game doesn’t care if you use spruce, oak, birch or another type of sapling to make the Lexica Botanica, so just use whatever’s handy to get your instruction manual as soon as possible. Once you have that, you’ll be ready to start casting spells and manipulating nature.
Much of the magic in the Botania mod depends on you having the right mixture of flowers in your inventory when you try to cast the spell. To this end, you’ll notice that your Minecraft worlds generate with a huge host of flowers you’ve never seen before. Of course, this means you will need to create a new world after you install the Botania mod if you really want to get any use out of it. If you don’t, you won’t have access to all the custom flowers, so you won’t be able to cast the spells.
Botania Mod Spotlight
Botania Mod for Minecraft Changelogs
- Made compatible with MC 1.10
- Made Quats and Vector3’s immutable (they were already being copied around like crazy)
- Gaia Guardian now spawns each players’ drops at that player
- Gaia Guardian’s magic landmines now deal magic damage
- Gaia Guardian now deals physical damage if it teleports on a path that goes through you
- Gaia Guardian can now be damaged by non-melee player damage sources. Damage cap still applies.
- Gaia Guardian can no longer be shoved when spawning
- Optimize Spectator network traffic even more
- Mana Enchanter no longer runs logic clientside
- The Soulscribe is only effective when 1.9 attack bar is fully charged
- Update to 1.9.4
- API: Move IManaCollisionGhost to be on Blocks instead of Tiles
- Fix some log spam
- Added 15 new update flavour messages.
- Added the Worlshaper’s Sextant, a new item to help you make circles.
- Changed the Flugel Tiara’s flight time from 10 seconds to 30 seconds.
- Fixed Shimmerwood Plank Slabs having the wrong step sound. (SnowShock35)
- Fixed the Dandelifeon being able to destroy Bedrock and pretty much any other block.
- Fixed the Dandelifeon being able to generate mana from cells ticked by other Dandelifeons.
How to install Botania Mod?
- Download Baubles library and the mod!
- When you haven’t installed Minecraft Forge yet, download and install it.
- Move the downloaded .jar into the mods folder.
- Have fun!
Download Links for Botania Mod
for Minecraft 1.10.2 / 1.9.4
for Minecraft 1.10 / 1.9.4
for Minecraft 1.9
for Minecraft 1.8.9
for Minecraft 1.7.10
Credit: Vazkii and williewillus – Original Thread on CursForge