The Botania mod adds a great deal of new content to the Minecraft universe. It focuses on magic, nature magic specifically, and you’ll find yourself interacting with Minecraft’s plants and flora more often than you ever did before if you happen to be using this mod. This is essentially a Tech mod which gives the player lots of new ways to interact with the world around them. Thankfully, most of the information about the mod, including added content, recipes and how to craft the things you need to get the most out of Botania, can all be found in-game in the Lexica Botanica.
That’s just a book really, but it comes with a spiffy name and lots of information regarding the Botania mod and how to use it to your advantage. Making the Lexica Botanica is easy, and it should be, since it’s the first step towards actually using the mod. Any simple book item combined with a sapling will do the trick. The game doesn’t care if you use spruce, oak, birch or another type of sapling to make the Lexica Botanica, so just use whatever’s handy to get your instruction manual as soon as possible. Once you have that, you’ll be ready to start casting spells and manipulating nature.
Much of the magic in the Botania mod depends on you having the right mixture of flowers in your inventory when you try to cast the spell. To this end, you’ll notice that your Minecraft worlds generate with a huge host of flowers you’ve never seen before. Of course, this means you will need to create a new world after you install the Botania mod if you really want to get any use out of it. If you don’t, you won’t have access to all the custom flowers, so you won’t be able to cast the spells.
Botania Mod Spotlight
Botania Mod Changelogs
- Buffed the mana production of the Gourmaryllis by a bit.
- Buffed the mana production of the Narslimmus by a lot.
- Fixed a crash when clicking an Abstruse Platform disguised as a Chisel mod block.
- Fixed being able to skip the Gaia Guardian mob wave by healing it.
- Fixed particle motion having a bias for diagonals. (codewarrior0)
- Fixed the Dreadthorne killing baby animals from the Animania mod.
- Fixed the Eye of the Flugel animation and particles and made binding less intrusive.
- Moved from Achievements to Advancements.
- Relics now bind by UUID instead of names.
- Updated the mod to 1.11.2
- Removed the Golden Laurel Crown, as it overlaps with the Totem of Undying.
- Using Chorus Fruit on a Cocoon of Caprice allows it to spawn shulkers.