If there’s one thing that gets old in Minecraft in spite of the game’s insane replay value, it’s the fact that the amount of substances in the game is rather lackluster. For a game that emphasizes so heavily on building different kinds of items in the game, it doesn’t really have enough materials for players to utilize. You can make various kinds of tools in vanilla Minecraft but they all feel stale in one way or another but, thankfully, you can change all this with the Brain Stone mod. It’s an exceptional mod that implements an entirely new substance into the game for players to make use of whenever they feel like building something.
Brain Stone is a mysterious substance that isn’t like traditional Minecraft materials because it actually grows. The substance is incredibly rare to acquire but it’s almost always worth the effort because every single thing that’s made from brain stone can last twice as long as something made from diamond can and this is definitely saying something because diamond tools usually have the best durability in Minecraft. However, on top of being more durable than diamond, the tools made from brain stone are actually as fast as iron tools are so it’s pretty much the best of both worlds.
Other than the material itself, the Brain Stone also implements special intelligent blocks into the game that can, of course, be crafted through brain stone. These blocks include a light sensor that’ll go off whenever it senses light and an entity trigger that can alert players of the presence of nearby entities in its range. On paper, it might seem like Brain Stone is an overpowered mod because the material that it features is quite strong but, as it turns out, it’s balanced quite nicely because of how difficult brain stone actually is to acquire.
Brain Stone Mod for Minecraft 1.10.2 Changelogs
- Fixed Crash with Railcraft(Or any other mod with CoFH API)
- Improved JER Integration
- Lots of internal optimization
- Updated to new Ex Nihilo Adscensio system: When there is no config Tiny Brain Stone Dust gets added automatically to the config. Also, the Dust is no longer added automatically.
How to install Brain Stone Mod?
- Download Forge installer, open it and install
- Open the Minecraft launcher and select Forge in the profile list
- Click Edit Profile and then Open Game Dir, this opens the game folder
- Create a new folder called mods
- Download the mod and put it into the mods folder
Download Links for Brain Stone Mod
for Minecraft 1.10.2
for Minecraft 1.9.4 / 1.10 / 1.10.2
for Minecraft 1.7.10
Credit: The_BrainStone – Original Thread on CursForge