The Clay Soldiers mod adds little soldiers made from blue, green, red and other colors of clay. These friendly mobs will go out and fight for the player who creates them, hacking up and beating down whatever hostile mobs come near. Unlike dogs, they will even attack creepers, so these new soldiers are a little more useful than you might think at first. Crafting them is easy enough, and they remain even after the player logs off the world, waiting to start fighting again once the player returns. Anyone who is bored of fighting and dying alone in Minecraft will probably like this mod.
As for updates, the Clay Soldiers mod is all good with Minecraft versions right up to 1.7.10, but it hasn’t yet been updated to work with Minecraft 1.8, the newest version of the game. Also, there are no updates planned to modify the size, behavior or abilities of the clay soldiers – they’re basic bashing machines and that’s exactly how they’ll remain. If you’re looking for workers, farmers, miners, wood cutters and the like, you’ll want to look for another mod – maybe something with minions. You can give your soldiers little bonuses, like fire charges to add burning to their attacks. But that’s the extent of customization here.
Clay Soldiers Mod for Minecraft 1.12.2 Changelogs
- Coal soldiers craftable out of charcoal as well as regular coal.
- Easter eggstension.
- Non-fruit turtles now immune to fire.
- Buffed blaze powder to 100 from 15.
- Fixed cyan/lightblue and green/lightgreen soldier textures to make them more distinguishable.
How to install Clay Soldiers Mod?
- Download and install the recommended Minecraft Forge for your Minecraft version.
- Download the latest mod version for your Minecraft version.
- Put the .jar file into the mods folder of your Minecraft installation.