Dungeon Tactics is a great mod that’ll add a variety of excellent gameplay content into Minecraft for players who feel like they’ve experienced enough of what vanilla Minecraft has to offer and want to add a bit of depth and extra functionality to their experience. There have definitely been a lot of mods before that serve the same purpose as Dungeon Tactics, but this particular mod still manages to stand head and shoulders above the crowd because of the insane variety of unique item that it brings to the table for players to try out in their Minecraft experiences.
The Dungeon Tactics mod features a whole lot of melee weapons, ranged weapons, new sets of armor and even a whole bunch of convenient tools that players can use to make their lives a whole lot easier. The mod has a variety of distinct items such as the slingshot that you can use with seeds and small rocks, thrown hand grenades, and even potshots that you can use to literally throw fire at your enemies. There are various kinds of utilizing items as well like the Duct Tape that you can use to immediately repair an item on the hotbar or the magic Tether that can immediately teleport you to your bed.
Alongside items, the Dungeon Tactics also has a special mob known as the Tower Guardian that spawns on top of towers. Tower Guardians are currently a work in progress, but the mob promises to be a unique one that’ll be tough to combat. Finally, in the Dungeon Tactics, you’ll also find certain special blocks such as Powdered Bars, Obsidian Bricks and Dungeon Glass that automatically generates in towers in order to block light. All said and done, if you want to add a variety of excellent new content into Minecraft, then you should definitely consider trying out the Dungeon Tactics mod.
Dungeon Tactics Mod for Minecraft 1.12.2 Changelogs
- Fixed Slingshot and Potshot models
- Fixed Fan shenanigans
- Fixed an issue with Bone Charms
- Added Feather Blossom and Spectral Trap
- Added Biomes o’ Plenty compat for world gen (flowers)
- Added Cryo Grenade (not finalized)
- Added Bleak Charm
- Tweaked PTD to be more predictable
- Fixed tungsten and titanium cluster names… I suppose that should be ‘added translations because I didn’t do it wrong, I just forgot to do it at all.
- Added support for Invar, Electrum, Platinum, Tungsten, Titanium, and Osmium (did all of these at once, so there is a chance I missed something, just let me know if you find any unexpected shenanigans)
- Typed Invar, Electrum, Platinum, Tungsten, Titanium, and Osmium so many times, I am not actually sure anymore that they are real words
- Fixed missing Halloween textures
- Nearly broke both my hands and one of my arms, but apparently, I am indestructible
How to install Dungeon Tactics Mod?
- Download and install the recommended Minecraft Forge for your Minecraft version.
- Download the latest mod version for your Minecraft version.
- Put the .jar file into the mods folder of your Minecraft installation.