ForageCraft is a great Minecraft mod that’s been targeted at players who frequently play the survival mode but still face difficulties during it. While, yes, the entire purpose of the survival mode is to give players a challenge that’s extremely hard to overcome, there’s still no doubting the fact that it does tend to get a tad bit overbearing at times, especially for players who aren’t insanely skilled at Minecraft. ForageCraft is a mod that’s been designed to make the survival mode slightly more bearable but without compromising any of the key features that give the mode its identity.
The ForageCraft basically gives extra blocks to various mobs and these drops can help you out quite a bit when the times get hard in survival mode. The mod implements carrots, potatoes, pumpkin seeds, melon seeds, sticks and even ancient bones. All these items can be acquired through blocks that commonly exist throughout the Minecraft world so you’ll have access to abundant quantities of them whenever playing survival in Minecraft. The mod even allows you to plant poisonous potatoes and while this might sound rather counter-intuitive on paper, the features does have its fair share of creative uses, and it’s up to you to figure them out.
The ForageCraft mod also features a recipe that allows players to turn the ancient bones that they dig up into bonemeal which you can then use in various ways. Overall, ForageCraft is a very well thought out mod that manages to make the survival mode of Minecraft just a little bit easier for players who are facing difficulties when playing it but, at the same time, it makes sure not to compromise on the defining traits of this particular game mode so its execution is pretty much spot-on and this is exactly why we recommend trying it out.
ForageCraft Mod Update Logs
- Updated Forge to 12.1.2 MDK.
- Added support for 1.12 because for some reason, 1.14 DEV would only work with 1.12.1 and 1.12.2 while 1.12 works just fine.
- You won’t be slapped in the face every time developer mode is off or on, but only when it’s on.
- Implemented Bailey’s (KingPhygieBoo) fix for scarecrow lighting issue.
How to install ForageCraft Mod?
- Download Forge installer.
- Download ForageCraft mod for your Minecraft version.
- Install Forge on your Minecraft.
- Run Minecraft, close Minecraft.
- Put the mod in the mods folder.
- Run Minecraft, enjoy!