The GLSL Shaders mod is a simple thing. For people who become bored with the flat and unrealistic shades, shadows and other lighting effects in Minecraft, a mod like this is the perfect addition to the game. Not only does it allow for truly smooth lighting, shadows that reflect the shape creating them and other helpful effects, but it is also easy to install and compatible with a lot of other mods. You won’t understand what a big deal the compatibility is unless you’ve been modding Minecraft for a long time. Many mods can totally break the game when you try to use them in tandem, so this is a nice touch.
The thing about the GLSL Shaders is that it can be pretty demanding. Players will need a powerful graphics card to render the textures and lighting effects with Shaders enabled, which is just a little crazy when you consider the blocky and basic nature of Minecraft as a whole. Users are recommended to pick up Minecraft Forge or FML to make installation and use of this mod easier. You should also be on the lookout for the GLSL Shaders mod to help make this one work. To improve the visuals in Minecraft instantly, get this mod.
GLSL Shaders Mod for Minecraft 1.8 and 1.9 Changelogs
- Fixed crash while rendering compass in the item frame.
- Fixed compatibility with AMD Catalyst 14.9.
- Fixed strange lines appear on some block types with SEUS-v10.1.
How to install Shaders Mod?
- Just Download the Shaders Mod installer and open it.
- Open the Minecraft Launcher and select the 1.8-ShadersMod profile!
- There should be “Shaders…” button in the Options screen.
Forge version (recommended)
- Download & install the Forge.
- Copy ShadersMod-v2.4.11mc1.8.jar to .minecraft/mods folder or mods/1.8 subfolder.
List of the best shaders:
- MrMeep_x3’s Shaders
- Sildur’s Shaders
- Sonic Ether’s Unbelievable Shaders
- A list of more shader packs can be found here!
Download Links for GLSL Shaders Mod
for Minecraft 1.11, 1.10, 1.9.X and 1.8.X
Info: “sp614x merged ShadersMod into OptiFine and has released experimental OptiFine with shaders support integrated.”
for Minecraft 1.8
- ShadersMod-v2.4.12mc1.8.jar – update 30/06/2015
- Fixed entity shadows not rendered when used with Forge
- Fixed compatibility with Forge 220.127.116.113
- Fixed compatibility with OptiFine connected textures.
- Fixed shadow framebuffer error on OSX.
- Minecraft 1.8 is required! It must be installed before you install this mod.
for Minecraft 1.7.10 – Forge Edition
Credit: karyonix – Original Thread on MinecraftForum