Ice and Fire is probably one of the most impressive Minecraft mods to surface in recent times. The mod’s been designed around the idea of implementing dragons into the game, and it’s rather surprising that it’s taken so long for a proper dragon based mod to come out for Minecraft. There have definitely been mods before that revolve around dragons but none of them have displayed the level of finesse and quality that this particular mod does and this is why we highly recommend using Ice and Fire if you’re looking for a top-notch dragon based mod.
The Ice and Fire mod implements two different kinds of dragons that roam the world of Minecraft. First are the ice type dragons that inhabit most of the coldest biomes in Minecraft and freeze any prey that comes within their line of sight. Alongside the ice type dragons, there are fire dragons that can roam pretty much anywhere and can also incinerate all their targets through their flame breath. No matter the type of dragon you encounter, you’re definitely going to have a challenging time trying to take them down because their stats are insane and there’s also the fact that they can fly around, so it’s difficult to aim at them.
Alongside the dragons themselves, the Ice and Fire also implements various similarly themed items into the world of Minecraft to give players a full-fledged experience. There are special dragon eggs that players can collect, dragon bones that players can use to craft insanely powerful items and, on top of all this, the mod also gives players the ability to tame dragons if they’re brave enough. Taming dragons is probably one of the hardest challenges featured in this mod, but it’s definitely worthwhile because who wouldn’t want a dragon to be their ally.
Ice and Fire Mod Update Logs
- Fixed registry crash with newer versions of forge
- Added subtitles for all mod sounds
- Improved structure gen
- Improved dragon random gender generation
- Optimized dragon destruction
- Tweaked all generation code
- Tweaked troll spawning
- Tweaked biome config generation
- Decreased volume of Ice and Fire mob sounds
- Fixed trident and bow launching straight up
- Minor dragon AI tweaks
- Updated korean translations
How to install Ice and Fire Mod?
- Download and install the recommended Minecraft Forge for your Minecraft version.
- Download the latest mod version and LLibrary for your Minecraft version.
- Put the .jar files into the mods folder of your Minecraft installation.
- Have fun!