Moar Boats is a Minecraft mod that overhauls the boats in Minecraft in order to give them more functionality and allow players to transport their items in a convenient fashion. Boats have been around in Minecraft for a while but, ever since they’ve been a part of the game, they’ve always felt rather overwhelming since they only serve basic uses and can’t really be used in a way that would make them truly worthwhile but, fortunately, the Moar Boats mod is here to change exactly this. It implements a variety of different features that not only make boats feel better to use but also allow them to serve more purposes in the game.
The biggest features in the Moar Boats definitely have to be the Chest Modules and the Furnace Engine. The Chest Modules are essentially storage units that players can place their items in and, once they’ve been placed, these items can safely be transported from one point to another through the boats. The Furnace Engine, on the other hand, is a powered engine your boats that can actually allow them to travel at significantly higher speeds than usual. It goes without saying that the engines do require resources in order to run so you can’t expect to have them on at all times for completely free.
The Moar Boats mod even gives players the ability to tie multiple different boats together by using ropes, and this allows players to transport multitudes of items in one go since they can tie multiple boats together, load them all up with items and then simply navigate the boat at the front as they would a normal boat. Alongside all this, there are even special modular boats that come with special tools like staircases and fishing rods for players to utilize so, overall, Moar Boats is a worthwhile mod that makes the boats of Minecraft feel a lot more impactful.
Moar Boats Mod Update Logs
- Added a configuration file.
- Rods are now damaged when the fishing module uses one.
- Rods break by default, it is possible to change this behavior and make the rod be replaced before with the configuration file (Server side config).
- Fishing speed can now be modified by the configuration file (Server side config).
- Should no longer fish groundfish.
- Furnace Engine
- Pretty particles when the engine is turned on.
- Should no longer work outside of water.
- The mod now checks for an update on game launch (uses Forge’s system).