If you were to make a list of mods based on how clever they are, Ore Shrubs would probably on, or near, the top of that list. This is an incredibly creative mod that implements a new way through which players can get their hands on ores. As it stands right now, mining is the only way through which players can acquire ores in Minecraft, but Mining is often a time-consuming activity that requires players to make a lot of effort before they can actually reap the rewards but, thanks to this mod, this isn’t an issue any longer.
Through the Ore Shrubs mod, you’ll be able to get your hands on ores with relative ease. The mod basically implements special shrubs into the game that, instead of growing the usual stuff, grow full-fledged ores. Whenever you run into these shrubs, you’ll be able to easily harvest shrubs from them, and the best part is the fact that they grow on their own, so all you have to do is interact with them since all the hard work is already taken care of. It’s important to remember that the Ore Shrubs don’t really grow everywhere so you might have to go searching for them from time to time in places such as caves or other similar areas. However, once you actually find a shrub, you’ve pretty much hit the gold mine because you’ll be able to harvest tons of ores.
One really impressive aspect of the Ore Shrubs mod is the fact that you’ll actually be able to use it to create your own custom shrubs. These custom shrubs can hold whatever substance you want them to hold and the best part is the fact that they don’t really take that much input from the player in order to grow. Overall, Ore Shrubs is a great mod that’s definitely among the most creative we’ve seen.
Ore Shrubs Mod for Minecraft 1.12.2 Changelogs
- ADDED advanced config settings for OreShrubs. (Density, GenHeight, VeinSize, …)
- ADDED forgotten shrines to the world generation. A RandomShrub will be generated inside them.
- ADDED a RandomShrub and RandomBerries. Can be found rarely in forgotten shrines.
- ADDED LootBags in two variants. Can be crafted out of random berries and contain random chest loot.
- ADDED possibility to add custom shrubs via a config file. (See Minecraft Forum Thread for more information.)
- CHANGED OreBerries and OreShrubs as loot in chests. They know should be generate more consistent.
- UPDATE Translations.
How to install Ore Shrubs Mod?
- Download Forge installer, open it and install
- Open the Minecraft launcher and select Forge in the profile list
- Click Edit Profile and then Open Game Dir, this opens the game folder
- Create a new folder called mods
- Download the mod and put it into the mods folder