Roost is a Minecraft mod that’s been designed for players who frequently interact with chickens in Minecraft and want a way through which they can make these interactions more worthwhile. The mod’s functionality revolves solely around chickens so, if you aren’t particularly fond of these entities, the mod probably isn’t for you. On the other hand, though, if working with chickens is something that you do often then the Roost mod will offer a variety of useful features that you’re certainly going to appreciate. The mod takes a bit of getting used to but, once you’ve learned all the basics, you’ll be able to utilize it to great effect.
The Roost mod, as the name suggests, adds a roost into the Minecraft world that players can craft easily because its recipe doesn’t consist of any rare materials that would be difficult to acquire. The roost gives all the chicken a place to stay, and the best thing about it is the fact that all the items dropped by chickens while they’re in the roost will remain there so you’ll be able to collect them with ease. The Roost mod also comes with a roost collector that collects all the items inside a roost, and this makes things significantly easier for players. The collector only checks a 9×9 area, though, so you’ll need to place it carefully to cover the entire ground.
Alongside the roost based features, the Roost mod also comes with a chicken catcher and even a chicken breeder that players can utilize to get chickens to breed with one another. The breeder is an extremely useful tool, and it’s recommended that you utilize it as much as possible because it’ll give a major boost to the quantity of chicken at your disposal thereby increasing the amount of resources that you can acquire from them.
Roost Mod for Minecraft 1.12.2 Changelogs
- Added support for Chickens 6.0.2
- Added support for More Chickens 3.0.0
- Fixed issue with pipes not connecting to blocks.
- Fixed issue with server console error spamming.
- Fixed issue with chickens appearing in every creative tab.
- Fixed issue with tooltips not appearing in inventories.
How to install Roost Mod?
- Download and install the recommended Minecraft Forge for your Minecraft version.
- Download the latest mod version for your Minecraft version.
- Put the .jar file into the mods folder of your Minecraft installation.