Selim’s Random Things is a mod that does exactly what its name would have you believe. It basically implements multitudes of different kinds of items into Minecraft that the players can craft and then utilize however they please. While the name of the mod would some people think that these items aren’t particularly impactful or useful, this actually isn’t the case because almost all the items that the Selim’s Random Things Mod implements are quite useful and are more than capable of significantly enhancing your Minecraft experience. If you want a simple Minecraft mod that doesn’t really make any changes to the gameplay functionality but instead implements a ton of useful items into the game, then this mod might just be it.
Before we get into key details of the Selim’s Random Things Mod, we’d like to point out that some features of this mod are restricted depending on the version of the mod you use. There are currently two versions of the mod, and one is for Minecraft 1.10.2 whereas the other is for Minecraft 1.7.10. Due to these restrictions, you might need to upgrade or downgrade your Minecraft client depending on what specific items you’re looking for in this mod. Onto the items themselves, you’ll find a lot of useful things in this mod such as Magma Bricks, a Weather Sensor, Colored Beds, Rope Ladders, a Scythe, Bulletproof Glass that’s resistant against TNT, Craftable Nether stars, and a whole lot.
The Selim’s Random Things mod also makes some minor functionality changes if you’re using it with Minecraft 1.10.2. For example, if you’re using the 1.10.2 version of this mod then villagers will drop their inventories upon death, and you’ll even get access to a vanilla mob spawner in the creative tabs. Overall, while Selim’s Random Things might not sound like some revolutionary new mod, it’s still quite useful, and you’ll definitely enjoy having it installed.
Selim’s Random Things Mod for Minecraft 1.10.2 Features
- Block & Mob Shifters (with Dispenser interaction)
- Amplify, Magma Walker, Vorpal, Warping and Withering enchantments
- Glowstone Dirt (dirt w/ bits of Glowstone in it. Gives off light, decorative)
- Bulletproof Glass (resistant against TNT, but not Withers)
- Recipes for Saddles, Chain Armor, Elytras, and Horse Armor
- Rope Ladders
- Craftable Nether Stars
- Ability to clean colored Wool in Cauldrons
- Villagers drop their inventories
- Pig death in a Hell biome results in the spawning of an agro-ed Zombie Pigman
- Sand rarely drops Nether Quartz
- Added vanilla Mob Spawner to creative tabs
- Weather Sensor
- Colored Beds
- Magma Bricks
- Granite, Diorite, and Andesite Tools
Selim’s Random Things Mod for Minecraft 1.10.2 Changelogs
- Added a new Weather Sensor block.
- Added End Portal, End Portal Frame, and End Gateway to Block Shifter blacklist.
- Added Colored Beds.
- Added Magma Bricks.
- Added a toolset for each stone variant.
- Moved Block Shifter blacklist to config.
How to install Selim’s Random Things Mod?
- Download and install the recommended Minecraft Forge for your Minecraft version.
- Download the latest mod version for your Minecraft version.
- Put the .jar file into the mods folder of your Minecraft installation.
Download Link for Selim’s Random Things Mod
for Minecraft 1.10.2
for Minecraft 1.7.10
Credit: Selim_042 – Original Thread on CursForge