One of the most played Minecraft maps, SkyBlock Survival Map is compatible with versions — of Minecraft. The goal of using the map mod is to survive and complete challenges given during the course of the gameplay. You can use the original map, or try the hardcore version for more of a challenge. SkyBlock was the first floating island map, and most Minecraft maps are now based on it.
Your player begins by spawning on a floating island From the beginning you must survive all challenges using only the resources available to you. The rules for SkyBlock map are simple, survive, do not purposely jump off the island for health regeneration, and play with a minimum level of Easy.
The challenges given to you during the map include 49 different types. In the original version, there were 50, but since Minecraft 1.3, the bookcase crafting challenge has been eliminated since the current versions require you to have cows on your island in order to do this.
The challenges are listed below:
- Build a Cobblestone generator.
- Build a house.
- Expand the island.
- Make a melon farm.
- Make a pumpkin farm.
- Make a sugarcane farm.
- Make a wheat farm.
- Make a giant red mushroom.
- Craft a bed.
- Make 64 stone bricks.
- Make 20 torches.
- Make an infinite water source.
- Craft a furnace.
- Make a small lake.
- Build a platform 24 blocks away from the island for mobs to spawn.
- Make 10 cactus green dye.
- Make 10 mushroom stew.
- Craft 10 Jack ‘o’ lanterns.
- Make 10 bread.
- Collect 10 Ender-pearls.
- Cook 10 fish.
- Craft 10 Black Wool.
- Craft 10 Gray Wool.
- Craft 10 Light Gray Wool.
- Craft 10 Lime Green Wool.
- Craft 10 Red Wool.
- Craft 10 Yellow Wool.
- Craft 10 Pink Wool.
- Craft 10 Green Wool.
- Craft 10 Orange Wool.
- Craft 10 Snow Golems.
- Craft 20 Paintings.
- Build and light a nether portal.
- Craft 5 Gold Ingots.
- Craft 16 Glass Panes.
- Collect 50 birch logs.
- Collect 64 arrows and craft a bow.
- Craft 10 stone buttons.
- Craft 30 stone slabs.
- Craft 10 signs.
- Craft 20 ladders.
- Craft 20 fences.
- Craft 20 fence gates.
- Craft 10 levers.
- Craft 10 trapdoors.
- Craft 10 stone pressure plates.
- Craft 10 wooden pressure plates.
- Collect 64 bonemeal.
- Craft 20 cobblestone stairs.
How to install SkyBlock Survival Map?
For Windows Users
- Press the Windows or Start button, then press R. This will open the Run prompt.
- Type %appdata% into the prompt and run the command.
- A folder filled with other folders will now open. Just find the Minecraft folder among these and open it.
- In .minecraft you will find another folder, saves. Move your world file into this folder and you’re all done.
For MacOS Users
- Access your particular user’s folder through Finder.
- Now you’re just clicking through folders. Go to Library, then Application Support, then .minecraft, then saves.
- Just put your world file in the saves folder and you’re all done.
For Linux Users
- Using a file manager of your choice, access the following path: ~/.minecraft/
- Find the saves folder here and move your world file into it.
Download Links for SkyBlock Maps
for Minecraft 1.9.X
Credit: Noobcrew – Website: Skyblock.net