The Search for Uncle Fred is a parkour map which is fairly standard among parkour maps, except for one glaring difference. To get to the end of this map, you’ll actually need to hop between two different dimensions, running courses in each to open up paths back in the opposite dimension. It’s an interesting concept and a great way to make a map for a single player which actually plays like a map for two. The story is so simple you probably could have guessed it from the map’s name, but you play a young boy on a quest to find Fred, your uncle.
After he steps into an alternate dimension and apparently disappears, it’s up to you to go chasing after him and try to save the old guy. Throughout The Search for Uncle Fred map, there are several pieces of a large secret code hidden in difficult to reach locations. If you can collect them all, once you get to the end of the standard map, you can input the codes together to open up a path to a hidden bonus level. This is the hardest level on the map, but it’s also tough to get to, so just worry about the standard experience on your first playthrough.
The Search for Uncle Fred Map Rules
- This map must be playing in singleplayer only!
- No cheating unless you want to use /kill command.
- The game uses a ‘Scroll’ to teleport between dimensions. If you use it too quick in a row, it might get stuck and break the game. So use it with at least 1 sec interval between each use.
- Don’t go or leave the boundaries!
- Have fun and don’t rage quit!
How to install The Search for Uncle Fred Map?
- Press the Windows or Start button, then press R. This will open the Run prompt.
- Type %appdata% into the prompt and run the command.
- A folder filled with other folders will now open. Just find the Minecraft folder among these and open it.
- In .minecraft you will find another folder, saves. Unzip and move your world file into this folder and you’re all done.
Download Links for The Search for Uncle Fred Map
for Minecraft 1.8.X