Too Many Chickens is an incredibly useful mod that, as the name suggests, focuses on the in-game chickens of Minecraft. In vanilla Minecraft, chickens aren’t really that big of a deal because there’s only one kind of this particular entity and its only use is to give eggs and feathers but, thanks to this particular mod, chickens can actually become a lot more useful. It’s actually recommended that you try this mod out regardless of whether you like chickens or not because it actually has some pretty solid functionality and features that are sure to add more depth to your experience.
The Too Many Chickens mod adds over 40 different kinds of chickens into the world of Minecraft, and the most impressive thing about the mod is the fact that each individual chicken has unique characteristics and can be used to acquire different types of resources. For example, some chickens lay ores whereas other chickens lay various kinds of materials that players commonly utilize when playing Minecraft such as diamonds, emeralds, and even gold. These material laying chickens aren’t particularly realistic, but they still feel like a nice addition to the game because they make it significantly less tedious to acquire crucial resources.
It’s important to remember that a lot of the chickens featured in the Too Many Chickens mod have special spawn conditions, so they only spawn in specific biomes that meet these conditions. Due to this, you might often have to do some exploration in order to get your hands on a specific kind of chicken. The mod’s solid on a technical scale as well so it’s unlikely that you’ll experience any bugs while using it. Overall, Too Many Chickens is a top notch mod that makes Minecraft a lot more enjoyable and engaging by adding multitudes of special chickens into the game.
Too Many Chickens Mod for Minecraft 1.12 Changelogs
- Added Glazed Chicken (Can lay any glazed terracota block.)
- Added Melon Chicken (Lays melon pieces.)
- Added Magma Chicken (Lays magma blocks.)
- Added Milk Chicken (Lays milk eggs.)
- Added Nether Quartz Ore Egg (can be smelt into 2 nether quartz!)
- Added crafting recipes for almost all chickens(except Glazed Chicken, Wither Chicken, White Chicken, Orb Chicken, Experience Chicken.)
- Made everything fully stable.
- Added Explosion to Boom Chicken, when right clicked with flint and steel.
- Now you can get 2 water buckets from Water Chicken, by right clicking it with a empty bucket!
- Now you can get 2 lava buckets from Lava Chicken, by right clicking it with a empty bucket!
- Now you can get 1 milk bucket from Milk Chicken, by right clicking it with a empty bucket!
- Removed Lapis Dust.
How to install Too Many Chickens Mod?
- Download and install the recommended Minecraft Forge for your Minecraft version.
- Download the latest mod version for your Minecraft version.
- Put the .jar file into the mods folder of your Minecraft installation.
Download Links for Too Many Chickens Mod
for Minecraft 1.12
for Minecraft 1.11.2
for Minecraft 1.10.2
Credit: Soulas125 – Original Thread on CurseForge