The Waypoints mod for Minecraft is one that’ll make your life extremely easier if you’re a player who frequently moves from one place to another. There’s no doubting the fact that in Minecraft there are tons of places to explore and while this is a good thing for the game, it also means that players often have to spend a rather absurd amount of time going from one place to another and this time could have been utilized better doing something more productive. Fortunately, Waypoints is a mod that’ll allow you to save a whole lot of your travel time by allowing you to instantly travel to places.
In order to use the Waypoints mod you’ll first of all have to create the waypoints themselves. To create a waypoint all you have to do is place waypoint blocks adjacent to one another to create a structure that’s either 2x1x2 or 3x1x3. Once you have this structure you can give it whatever name you want. Next, all you have to do is link the waypoint that you’ve created to another waypoint that you created some time before. When all of this is done you will be able to immediately move between the waypoints that you’ve linked to one another and this will save a significant amount of your time.
Although the Waypoints mod is incredibly useful for obvious reasons, its execution could definitely have been much better. Many users with various different Minecraft versions have reported crashing issues on servers with this mod. Fortunately, most of these are being fixed as they come up so they aren’t long lasting issues that would have any majorly adverse impact on your experience. Overall, the Waypoints mod is easy to use ad will add a whole new level of convenience to your Minecraft experience.
Waypoints Mod for Minecraft Changelogs
- Fixed bug when running on the dedicated server.
- Fixed some of the bugs that appear when running on the dedicated server.
- Configurable min and max waypoint size.
- Configurable option to allow not square (rectangular) waypoints.
- Random effects and exhaustion after using waypoint (configurable).
- Added sound effect on player teleportation.
How to install Waypoints Mod?
- Download and install the recommended Minecraft Forge for your Minecraft version.
- Download the latest mod version for your Minecraft version.
- Put the .jar file into the mods folder of your Minecraft installation.
Download Links for Waypoints Mod
for Minecraft 1.9
for Minecraft 1.8.9
for Minecraft 1.7.10
Credit: kamildanak – Original Thread on CursForge