Witchery is a great mod that you should consider trying out if you want to invoke the witch/warlock within you. The mod adds a lot of magic and witchcraft related content into the game that will allow you to experience it from a fresh perspective. If you utilize the features of this mod properly then, you’ll be able to pull off some really incredible things that simply wouldn’t be possible in the vanilla version of Minecraft. However, it’s worth mentioning though that the mod also has its fair share of uninspiring magic clichés but fortunately these are made up for through all the other unique and fascinating features that it has to offer.
Perhaps the most distinct feature of this mod is the fact that most of its functions can be activated and used through the Witches Garden, and this makes it so that you don’t have to spend an absurd amount of time tracking down items like wands or spell books in order to make the magic happen. Witchery is definitely one of the most content heavy mods out there. It adds multiple different magic related mobs to the game and even implements a bunch of magic plants that have different kinds of special effects. Onto the actual magic, there’s mutation, necromancy, demonology, puppets, voodoo dolls, rituals and a whole lot of other stuff.
Of course, it’s worth noting that most of the magic of the Witchery mod is a bit towards the dark side of things, so it’s designed mostly to inflict harm upon others instead of buffing up yourself. On top of all this, if you want to experience Minecraft from a completely unique angle then the Witchery mod also gives players the ability to transform into either a werewolf or a vampire. Transforming into any of these two creatures will unlock a lot of special abilities and powers that a normal Minecraft character cannot ever have access to.
Witchery Mod for Minecraft 1.7.10 Changelogs
- OPs in creative mode get a hint which skin changed player is sending chat messages.
- Significantly optimized the client-side performance of Mirror blocks.
- Optimized the reflection mob a bit to be a bit less CPU intensive.
- Added a config option (ShrinkMirrorWorld) that will only use half the Y space in the mirror world for structuregen. This will need the world to be recreated to use though.
- Optimised the lightmap a bit in a newly created mirror world.
- Added limited support for AM2 for reflection mob equipment.
How to install Witchery Mod?
- Download the latest version of the Minecraft Forge installer.
- Run the installer and select client/server.
- Start Minecraft using the Forge profile.
- Exit the game.
- Download the Witchery below and place it in the mods folder.
- Re-launch Minecraft and have fun!
Download Links for Witchery Mod
for Minecraft 1.7.10
for Minecraft 1.6.4
Credit: Emoniph – Original Thread on Minecraft Forum