Zombie Awareness is an extremely well-designed mod that’s been made to make the in-game zombies of Minecraft a bit more challenging and exciting instead of their usual dull minded selves. There’s no doubting the fact that zombies are among the most intriguing monsters that you can fight in any game but, in spite of this, the zombies in Minecraft seem to be rather lackluster and this is due to a variety of different reasons. Fortunately, you can use the Zombie Awareness mod to make te game’s zombies more dynamic and, overall, more fun to play against.
The Zombie Awareness mod makes a variety of changes to how the in-game zombies function and, thanks to these changes, playing against them feels like a dynamic activity. The biggest feature in this mod is the fact that it gives zombies the ability to smell blood. Whenever you take damage or are low hp, you’ll start to bleed and the zombies will be able to trace this blood trail to you. On top of being aware of your blood, these zombies will also be able to track your location through the sounds you make.
On top of the aforementioned features, the Zombie Awareness mod also gives zombies that ability to detect light sources from far away and it gives them a small movement speed increase as well. The movement speed increase is a really crucial change because the vanilla zombies are really slow and can easily be kited due to this. Finally, this mod also makes it so that zombies spawn mostly during night time and this makes it an even more dangerous time to lurk outside by yourself. Overall, Zombie Awareness is a great mod that’s perfect for players who want to enhance how zombies function in Minecraft.
Zombie Awareness Mod Update Logs
- Fixes the botched fix for null world in version 1.11.5
- Fix for edge case crash during world load into another dimension that is also immediately playing a sound trigger
- Made customizing what vanilla and mod entities are enhanced much easier with an autogenerated config of every entity via MobLists.cfg first time game is run
- Fixed animals triggering investigate or alert sounds
- Staggered entity targeting code to make it spread out pathfinding CPU load more
- Fixed for sneaky mcp naming that renamed AABB.expand to a different method with same signature, causing bugs in every mod
How to install Zombie Awareness Mod?
- Download and install the recommended Minecraft Forge for your Minecraft version.
- Download the latest mod version for your Minecraft version.
- Put the .jar file into the mods folder of your Minecraft installation.