The HUD, or Heads Up Display, is an important part of every game, including Minecraft. It conveys important information to the player, like their remaining life, armor levels, their hotkey bar, the time of day and a number of other items, depending on the game in question. Zyin’s HUD mod adds many new utilities to the Minecraft HUD, thereby enhancing gameplay and making the player’s life a little bit easier. This new HUD will keep track of your current coordinates, along with a compass and clock, plus other nice bits of data like your current FPS, any other players who may be nearby and so on.
Granted, much of the information provided by Zyin’s HUD mod is already available in Minecraft if you just hold Shift while pressing F3. Therefore, this mod doesn’t really do a whole lot that you can’t already get from vanilla Minecraft as it is. The ender pearl, potion and torch aids are nice additions though, and getting a more precise count for your weapon’s durability will save you from having your gear break on you in the middle of a hard fight. Overall, this HUD mod provides some nice effects, but it isn’t anything so amazing that you absolutely must get it.
Zyin’s HUD Mod for Minecraft 1.8 Changelogs
- Now shows the professions of Villagers.
- Fixed a bug from 1.3.7 that caused it to not work well when opening chests and other containers.
- Added support for Tinker’s Construct (TConstruct) weapons and tools.
- Fixed “players”, “animals” and “safe” displaying when those features are turned off.
- Barrier blocks won’t give false positive unsafe marks.
How to install Zyin’s HUD Mod?
- Download the mod!
- When you haven’t installed Minecraft Forge yet, download and install it.
- Move the downloaded .jar into the mods folder.
- Have fun!
Download Links for Zyin’s HUD Mod
for Minecraft 1.8.8
for Minecraft 1.8
for Minecraft 1.7.10
Credit: Zyin055 – Original Thread on Minecraft Forum