Edible Bugs is a great mod that aims to solve most of the hunger problems that players face when they’re playing Minecraft. Food is one of the most important resources to have in Minecraft because characters get hungry often, and they can’t really do much if their hunger isn’t replenished. However, players can only carry so much food with them when embarking on adventures since there’s a limited amount of storage space. Fortunately, with the Edible Bugs mod, you won’t need to worry about carrying insane amounts of food with you any longer because the mod will take care of the hunger issue for you.
The Edible Bugs mod basically adds a whole lot of bugs to the game, and as the name suggests, you can actually eat these bugs. There are lots of food-focused mods for Minecraft, but the charm of this particular mod lies in the fact that it scatters these edible bugs throughout the game world so you can find them no matter where you go. Since there are bugs everywhere in the game world, you’ll no longer have to carry absurd quantities of food with you because you will be able to replenish your hunger through these bugs.
The bugs of the Edible Bugs mod can be located in the dirt, grass, sand, and even trees. Whenever you encounter a bug, all you have to do is pick it up and eat it to replenish a solid amount of hunger. It’s worth noting that these bugs can be cooked as well. Cooking the bugs might sound like a tedious task at first, but it’s actually quite useful most of the time because properly cooked bugs end up replenishing a lot more hunger than raw bugs do which makes the time spent cooking them well worth it.
Video & Screenshots
- Bugs: The game now includes 19 bugs that can be cooked and eaten.
- Fire Ant
- Sow Bug
- Dung Beetle
- Carpenter Ant
- Wood Termite
- Jumil Bug
- Witchetty Grub
- Camel Spider
- Crimson Tiger Beetle
- Bug Drops: Dig dirt, grass blocks, sand, or cut down trees to find bugs that can be eaten as food.
- Termite Mounds: Search for termite mounds in Savannas to collect termites and termite larvae.
Termite mounds can drop follower items when broken:
- Termite Larvae: Breaking a termite mound may also yield termite larvae. These larvae can be used to grow new mounds and for automated farming.
- Chance to receive only one and 20% drop probability
- Termites: When breaking a termite mound, you can obtain termites, which can be used for various purposes in the game.
- Chance to receive 0 to 3 times
- Termite Clay: Use it to craft Termite Brick (using vegetable oil in Fryer), and then use it to create bricks, stairs, slabs, and walls.
- Chance to receive 1 to 4 times
- Mound Growth: Click termite larvae on a dirt block to grow new mounds.
- Termite Farming: Use the Termite Zapper to automate termite farming.
- Place dirt and larvae in the GUI and activate it with a redstone signal.
- Mounds will be farmed and re-planted if dirt and larvae are present.
- Vegetable Oil and Fryer: Enhance the food content by adding vegetable oil to the fryer and cooking bugs.