Setting up shop in the skies of Minecraft has been a popular choice for a long time now. Up above the earth, fewer mobs spawn, which means fewer creepers blowing up houses. It’s also a nice spot for staying away from other players who might want to raid or grieve one’s hard work. The Islands of Junara is one of the few custom maps for Minecraft which feature an expansive world with multiple islands floating a lethal distance above the Earth below. These islands don’t come with water on all sides, so players definitely want to avoid falling off if at all possible.
The Islands of Junara map features a horde of different artifacts, which are basically super weapons and armor buffed up with enchantments that are normally impossible to obtain in standard Minecraft. Resources are going to be very limited because of the map’s aerial nature, so every block is more valuable than ever before; even dirt is something to hold onto and keep for increasing the size of the floating islands. There are multiple layers of islands as well, so players will want to get their hands on a bucket of water for descending downward as quickly as possible.
The Islands of Junara map is a specialty survival map for Minecraft that places players hundreds of blocks above the Earth beneath. Just about any fall is fatal, so walk softly and keep a finger on the shift key at all times.
Video & Screenshots
- Make a cobblestone generator: + 5 points
- Grow 10 pumpkins: + 10 points
- Collect diamonds: + 10 points
- Grow 10 melons: + 5 points
- Set foot in 5 islands: + 10 points
- Set foot in 10 islands: + 15 points
- Conquer a dungeon: + 5 points
- Conquer 2 dungeons: + 10 points
- Build a house out of Gold blocks. + 60 points
- Build a redstone contraption. + 10 points
- Build an Automatic cobblestone generator. + 15 points
- Find a mob spawner, and make an auto pig killer out of it: + 15 points
- KILL A GOD DAMN COW! + 5 points
- Find a golden apple: + 5 points
- Gather 32 bones: + 10 points
- Create full diamond armor: + 30 points
- Create full diamond tools: + 20 points
- Repair all wooden bridges, with the same material: + 15 points
- Find an artifact: + 5 points
- Find 3 artifacts: + 10 points
- Find 5 artifacts: + 15 points
- Conquer 4 Dungeons. + 10 points
- Kill a zombie with your fists. + 5 points
- Build an Xp grinder. + 10 points
- Kill a Creeper with your fists. (Can’t explode) + 10 points
- Find, and tame an Ocelot + 15 points
- Find, and tame a Wolf. + 10 points
- Find, and tame 3 wolves. + 15 points
- Find, and tame 3 Ocelots. (again, not sure if possible) + 15 points
- Punch a Creeper off an island. + 5 points
- Trade with a villager. + 5 points
- Gain 5 emeralds. + 10 points
- Gain 10 Emeralds. + 10 points
- Craft a bow(Or get one from a skelly) + 5 points
- Gather 1 diamond block. + 10 points
- Gather 3 Gold blocks. + 10 points
- Gather 6 Iron blocks. + 10 points
- Gain an Enchanting Table. + 10 points
- Conquer the Castle! (Make it a safe hideout) + 10 points
- Conquer the Nether Island! (Destroy all spawners!) + 15 points
- Stand in lava for 5 seconds and survive. + 15 points
- Get the bow of Junara. + 30 points
- Get the sword of Junara. + 35 points
- No cheat mods allowed. You can use mods like Mo Creatures or More Creeps.
- Play on easy difficulty or higher. Never switch to peaceful mode.
- Do not spawn items.
- Avoid cheating by jumping into the void to restore hunger or health.
- Vines are useful for descending from high places.
- Water is even more useful for creating downward bridges. I recommend it for building bridges downwards.
- Water is an easy way to collect materials that are hanging.
- Avoid running into lava as it can be dangerous.
- Zombies can be a good source of food.
- Make use of chests to store your items.
- Ice can be transformed into water, and a lava bucket can turn lava into cobblestone. Be careful not to make mistakes while doing so.
- Normally, I can run at 40 FPS with a normal render distance. On this map, I can achieve 150 FPS with a far render distance, which is awesome.
- Always check what’s beneath you before digging downwards.