The Blood Magic mod introduces alchemy and wizardry to Minecraft at a degree never before seen. Sure, there are plenty of potion recipes you could already cook up on vanilla Minecraft using a brewing stand, bottled water and some nether wart as a base. But none of these ingredients or finished potions will help you to cast spells. Blood magic is powerful, old and perhaps evil on top of everything else. It is a great weapon and a useful tool, but even small applications have the potential to be fatal for the user according to the mod’s author.
As blood is a source of energy for the Blood Magic mod, you only have two ways of generating the power needed to cast spells. You can either sacrifice your own health or take health from other mobs both of which gives you a particular amount of Life Essence. Special Blood Altar and Alchemic Chemistry Set blocks allow you to spend saved Life Essence to make items or potions. This Life Essence is also spent directly as a fuel source for spells to do things like summon food or precious metals, create a rolling river of water and more. Some of the magical effects can be devastating.
As for the spells, they work in an interesting fashion. You have two different ways to cast your spells with the Blood Magic mod. First, you use a standard Spell Table to put power into an unbound crystal which you can then release at a later time of your choosing, resulting in a spell effect. This works fine for simple spells and the process is fast and intuitive. On the other hand, more complicated and powerful spells will require you to actually draw shapes on the ground using various blocks. You can control the weather and cause snow, rain or lightning in an area using this, and that’s just the beginning.
Blood Magic Mod for Minecraft Changelogs
Version 2.0.2-45 for Minecraft 1.10
- Fixed the Routing system so that it properly eliminates the connection to the Master node when the Master node is broken.
- Fixed an issue where the Spectral Blocks (from the Sigil of Suppression) would return the liquid on the client side before the sigil was deactivated.
- Made it so that the bound tools are (supposedly more so) unbreakable. This will probably come bite me on the ehem later, but we’ll see.
- Added Fire Resistance Living Armour Upgrade, “Gift of Ignis.” – Updated The Architect section of the documentation.
- Fixed it so the Ritual will call stopRitual when a ritual stone is broken.
Version 2.0.0-39 for Minecraft 1.9.4:
- Fixed the Trick Shot upgrade
- Fixed Gate of the Fold endless loop
- Added rune type colors to the Ritual Diviner tooltip
- Crusher ritual ignores unbreakable blocks
Version 2.0.0-21 for Minecraft 1.9:
- Fixed it so that the Sentient weaponry is actually repairable using any demon will crystals in an anvil
- Changed the stat tracker for Tough Palms so that it counts number of hearts sacrificed, not number of sacrifices
- Fixed the Living Armour so that it wouldn’t get damaged by self-sacrificing when you had upgrades that mitigate unblockable sources.
- Fixed bound sword stuttering
v2.0.0-3 for Minecraft 1.8.X
- Fixed client-side issue when shift-clicking lava crystals into a furnace while on a server.
- Added poison upgrade to Living Armour.
- Fixed digging upgrade.
- Added self-sacrifice upgrade to Living Armour (Tough Palms).
- Added knockback resistance upgrade to Living Armour, trained via eating (Body Builder).
How to install Blood Magic Mod?
- Download and install Minecraft Forge
- Download the latest mod versions.
- Place the mod in the
modsfolder of your
.minecraft. If you are not sure where this is, it is located here:
Download Links for Blood Magic Mod
for Minecraft 1.10.2 / 1.10 / 1.9.4
for Minecraft 1.9
for Minecraft 1.8.9
for Minecraft 1.7.10
for Minecraft 1.7.2
for Minecraft 1.6.4
Credit: WayofTime – Original Thread on Minecraft Forum