There are some mods which add different types of swords and other weapons to Minecraft, like the Elemental Swords mod. Then there are additions like the Dynamic Sword Skills mod, which introduces new ways to use the same old weapons, rather than adding new weapons to the game. This mod is about more than just new ways to hit your opponents too – you get other combat moves like parries, dodges and movements to put you in a better position to land a killing blow on your enemy. Players will start with a Basic Sword skill orb and new orbs can be found by killing enemies and even other players.
Because it was designed to work with the Minecraft Forge API, the Dynamic Sword Skills mod should be compatible with any other Forge mods you already have installed. In fact, it’s actually a standalone version of another Legend of Zelda mod by the same author – it features many of the sword skills and special attacks but none of the extra mobs, furniture or other items. If you don’t want to farm orbs then you don’t need to; the latest version of this mod comes with custom commands that can give the skills to you or anyone else on your server, if you wish it.
Dynamic Sword Skills Mod for Minecraft 1.8 and 1.7.10 Changelogs
- Fix ‘missing models’ console spam.
- Known bug: Mortal Draw not correctly applying damage.
How to install Dynamic Sword Skills Mod?
- Download and install Minecraft Forge for Minecraft.
- Go to Start Menu > Type %appdata%/.minecraft and press Enter.
- Download Dynamic Sword Skills mod jar from from the link below.
- Place the .jar file inside the .minecraft/mods/ directory.
- Open the launcher and select the Forge profile!
- Have fun!
Download Links for Dynamic Sword Skills Mod
for Minecraft 1.8 – BETA! – Requires Forge 1.8-126.96.36.1991 or higher
for Minecraft 1.7.10 – Requires Forge 1.7.10-10.13.2.1230 or higher
Credit: coolAlias – Original Thread on MinecraftForum