If you’re of the opinion that pets in Minecraft can be pretty lame even with mods installed, you will want to check out the Inventory Pets plugin for Bukkit servers. With this plugin, you can get your hands on pets that remain a part of your inventory rather than the outside world. This allows them to survive where other pets, like wolves, would simply walk off the edges of cliffs and fall to their deaths. However, because these special Inventory Pets are in your inventory, they can’t really attack for you like a tamed wolf could. Instead, they offer you some special powers and buffs.
In fact, they also allow the holder access to special drops, weapons and other utilities as well. The only thing is they need to be fed and regularly cared for so they will come to like the player and actually offer these bonuses. At this point, the Inventory Pets plugin comes with a total of 42 unique pets, each with their own unique sprite, though it is clear that many of them seem to come from a general template. If you’re tired of pets that either get killed too quickly or make it a point to kill themselves, this plugin provides a nice alternative.
Not everything about Inventory Pets is good though. For once, when you die, normally your pets would either wait for you where you died or somehow teleport back to your spawn to reunite with you. On the contrary, if you die with an inventory full of pets, they’ll go flying off in all directions, forcing you to return to the place of your death to retrieve them. If you die in a lava pit or an explosion, that pretty much wipes out all of your pets in a single move as well. Just be careful about any hard falls or fire and you should be ok.
Inventory Pets Mod for Minecraft 1.12.2 Changelogs
- Hardcore: Added new Hardcore Recipes Mode option in config.
- Hardcore: Added new Hardcore foods for most remaining pets.
- Added new messaging for Nether Portal.
- Added ability to remove Sponge Water Absorb in config.
- [1.12 only] Completely redid how conditional recipes and configs worked in 1.12 to ensure things like Hardcore Recipes, Excludes, Holiday and April Fool recipes work again
- Reworked Sea Caves to fix longstanding Cascading World Gen error.
- Optimized World Gen and improved overall performance
- Fixed issue with ticking blocks on world borders once and for all (credit: ZEROOblivious, runescapejon)
How to install Inventory Pets Mod?
- Download the latest version of the Minecraft Forge installer.
- Run the installer and select client/server.
- Start Minecraft using the Forge profile.
- Exit the game.
- Download Inventory Pets below and place it in the mods folder.
- Re-launch Minecraft and have fun!