Here’s a mod that’s perfect for all the gamblers out there. The Lucky Block mod adds only a single item to Minecraft – the Lucky Block. This looks a lot like normal old coin blocks from the Super Mario Bros. games, but when you break it, you’ll probably get a lot more than you bargained for. While you might get some gold ingots, practically the Minecraft equivalent of Mario Bros. coins, you could get a lot more. Or something you don’t want at all. That’s what makes this mod so fun! You never know w hat you’re going to get until you break the block, and then there’s nothing left for you to do about it.
There are 100 different possibilities, from spawning a wishing well where you’re standing to getting hit with a negative splash poison that poisons, damages, blinds and otherwise harms your character. One of the worst things you can get is an Ender Dragon (yes, even in the normal world) and one of the best things you can get is a heap of coal, iron, gold, diamonds and more valuable items. The Lucky Block mod features many amazing effects, but because some of the results from breaking the block can be so damaging, you will want to back up your world before trying this mod.
Lucky Block Mod for Minecraft Changelogs
- Added updated 1.9 AddonGenerator to to fix model changes in 1.9
- Added #chestLootTable() for specifying a chest loot table, e.g. type=block,ID=chest,tileEntity=(Items=#chestLootTable(“chests/simple_dungeon”))
- Added #customChestLootTable() for specifying a custom chest loot table in .json format, replaces #chest()
- Added #randPotion and #randSpawnEgg, which give a random potion/entity name, replacing the #randPotionDamage and #randSpawnEggDamage random ID (since these are no longer used by the game)
- Potion particles now use the name of the potion with the ‘potion’ property (e.g. type=particle,ID=splashpotion,potion=”poison”)
- Randomised all the enchantments on the lucky items, so that their different every time.
- Remember those skeleton and zombie horses? Well, now they’re tamed.
- Removed the /giveluckyblock and /setluckyblock commands.
- Keywords in the properties file are no longer case-sensitive.
- Renamed custom chest NBT Tag ‘items’ to ‘RandomItems’.
How to install Lucky Block Mod?
- Download and install the recommended Minecraft Forge for your Minecraft version.
- Download the latest mod version for your Minecraft version.
- Put the .jar file into the mods folder of your Minecraft installation.
Download Links for Lucky Block Mod
for Minecraft 1.10.2/1.9.4/1.8.9/1.8 and 1.7.10
Credit: PlayerInDistress – Original Thread on Minecraft Forum