Overlord is an extremely well-constructed mod that’ll allow you to live out all your fantasies of having a full-fledged army at your disposal at all times. Through this mod, you’ll be able to raise massive armies of skeletons that’ll do exactly what you tell them to do whether it’s defending a certain point or going to war with another player. It’s an extraordinary mod that adds an insane amount of depth to Minecraft’s gameplay and this, coupled with the fact it’s one of the most unique mods out there, is exactly why we recommend giving this mod a shot.
The core feature of Overlord is, of course, the fact that it gives players the ability to raise an insane amount of skeleton soldiers that will do their bidding. To create these armies, you’ll need to craft the skeleton maker and to craft it you’ll need three stacks of bones, two milk buckets and the Overlord’s seal that this mod implements. Once you have the skeleton maker ready, it’ll keep pumping out soldiers for you. The skeletons of the Overlord mod come with proper leveling systems as well through which they’ll get stronger as they keep fighting. They’re pretty fragile early on but, after some fighting, these skeletons actually become a force to be reckoned with. It’s worth keeping in mind that if your skeletons are injured during combat, then you can heal them directly by shift + right-clicking them while holding a milk bucket.
The skeletons of the Overlord mod come with various AI modes as well for when you don’t want to control them directly. First is the Stationed mode that cause them to hold their ground, second is the Follower mode that’ll make them follow you wherever you go and last is the Wander Area move through which you can set them up to wander around a 32 block radius.
Overlord Mod for Minecraft 1.10.2 Changelogs
- Skeleton Warriors now swap their bows for swords if they are out of arrows
- Skeleton Warriors should now be able to use any bow extending ItemBow
- Added the Skeleton Warrior Placer for Creative Mode users
- Shift+Right Click a Skeleton Warrior with a nonglowing placer to copy it to the placer
- Shift+Right Click a Skeleton Warrior with a glowing placer to replace it with the one in the placer
- Skeleton Warriors now play a sound when receiving AI updates
- Performance improvements
- Skeleton Warriors now go after Slimes
- The health numbers in the Skeleton GUI are now rounded
- Skeleton Warriors with Entity ID 1 no longer open the Overlord’s Seal GUI
- Your Skeleton Warriors will no longer get in to fights over stray arrows
- Skeleton Warriors can no longer pick their equipment back up and destroy it as they die
- Skeleton Warriors now play the item pickup sound
How to install Overlord Mod?
- Download and install the recommended Minecraft Forge for your Minecraft version.
- Download the latest mod version for your Minecraft version.
- Put the .jar file into the mods folder of your Minecraft installation.
Download Link for Overlord Mod
for Minecraft 1.10.2
Credit: The_Fireplace – Original Thread on CursForge