If you enjoy Minecraft and Pokemon, then you’re definitely going to love Pixelmon, a Minecraft mod which adds nearly 300 of the cute critters to Minecraft. While many mods which add content to the game are known to interfere with other mods functioning correctly, Pixelmon makes no change to any base files, which means it works well with the vast majority of other mods and can be used right alongside some of the most popular Minecraft add-ons available today.
Adding 294 different Pokemon to Minecraft was no small task, and Pixelmon is no small mod because of all the new content included. This isn’t just a cosmetic mod that gives facelifts to models already existing in the game – Pixelmon actually includes an attack system ripped right from Pokemon, with over 500 individual attack moves and even status ailments, to make it play and feel much like the handheld Pokemon games. There’s even a functioning pokedex for keeping track of what monsters the player has caught!
In fact, aside from the blocky textures, some players may not even realize they’re playing Minecraft, not Pokemon. There are fossil machines for reviving petrified critters that can be found throughout the world, and Pixelmon even adds a trading system to Minecraft, so players can swap their caught monsters whenever the mood strikes. Few mods add as much content to Minecraft as Pixelmon does.
Pixelmon mod is the perfect mod for Minecraft if players really want to change their gameplay experience. This is no resource pack offering a facelift and standard Minecraft besides – this is like a whole new game.
If you do not know, this mod can also be installed in Minecraft Pocket Edition. Click here!
Pixelmon Mod Update Logs
- Redesigned Pixelmon fishing entirely.
- Some Pokémon are now fishing-exclusive.
- Not a useless mechanic anymore.
- Ash-Greninja has appeared! Where exactly? See the above change to get a clue.
- Added Mega-Alakazam. He has FIVE spoons. Not sure why.
- Added Mega-Mewtwo X and Mega-Mewtwo Y.
How to install Pixelmon Mod?
- Download and install Minecraft Forge API for Minecraft.
- Go to Start Menu > Type %appdata%/.minecraft and press Enter.
- Download Pixelmon mod jar file from the link below.
- Place the .jar file inside the .minecraft/mods/ directory.
- Open the launcher and select the Forge profile!
- Have fun!