Fans of Valve’s Portal game series will definitely love the Portal Gun mod for Minecraft. Those who have played the games before will know exactly what it does, but for the rest of you, the gun will allow you to make semi-permanent links between two different points within your world. There is a red portal and a blue portal, and these are independent of one another. Enter red on one side and you’ll exit red on the other; the same goes for blue. But the things you can do with these two different portals are what really make this mod a great addition to Minecraft.
Consider this: you place a red portal at the bottom of a deadly fall, and the exit near the top of a ravine, cliff or whatever else it is you’re jumping off of. This lets you build up speed, falling faster and faster until you’re moving at a rate which is just impossible in standard Minecraft. A more practical use for the Portal Gun mod is to make links between two different points, allowing for immediate travel from one to the next. Set one portal up in your home, and then you can return there whenever you want from a mineshaft, dungeon, temple or another place.
Portal Gun Mod for Minecraft Changelogs
- Fixed mod compatibility with changing texture packs.
- Fixed shooting portals through glass/iron fences making it go through blocks.
- Fix being unable to turn off Fancy Portals config.
- Fix crash when a block next to a portal changes whilst the portal is being placed.
- Fix fancy portal “aura” overlapping with another portal causing the overlapped area to show the block behind the portal.
- Fix changing to an empty hand whilst grabbing a block/entity allowing the entity to remain grabbed.
- Fix “moving portal” render when the camera is in third person facing the player.
- Fix portals not pairing properly when on dedicated servers.
- Fancy portal “aura” only renders if MC’s graphics are set to fancy, with PG’s configs set to fancy portals as well.
- Properly set the uniform fields in the shader which may have been causing the green/black/invalidly-open portals. #BlameAma
- Portal Guns given via command (or similar) will now have NBT tags assigned when the player first tries to use it.
- Ender Pearl dust is now properly localized.
- Miniature black hole item now renders with glint.
- You can now stand in wall portals thanks to a fix in iChunUtil