r2s Radio is an awesome mod that makes playing music a significant easier task than it generally is in Minecraft. Music is something that a lot of players like to have playing as they journey through the world of Minecraft but, up until this mod, there wasn’t really any convenient way to play music. Players usually had to tab out in order to use an external music player and, while this really wasn’t that big of an issue for players with high-end PCs, it still made things difficult for players with low-end PCs. Fortunately, though, the r2s Radio mod implements a creative way through which players can blast their music without having to rely on external applications.
The r2s Radio mod implements a special in-game music player that plays all the music that you want it to. Using the mod is pretty simple because all you have to do is direct it to a folder and it’ll play all the music inside that particular folder. Simply gather up your songs, copy them all into a single folder and tell this mod where that folder is, and everything else will take care of itself. If you don’t already play music when travelling through the world of Minecraft, then we actually recommend doing so because the experience can feel a lot more immersive when you have some good tunes playing in the background.
It’s important to remember that the music played by this mod has to be in the mp3 format so, before you copy over all your music to a single folder, you’ll need to make sure that it’s all in the mp3 format because the mod won’t be able to recognize it otherwise and it won’t play. All said and done, r2s Radio is a great mod that’s perfect for audiophiles who enjoy music as they play Minecraft.
r2s Radio Mod for Minecraft 1.12 Changelogs
- Updating to 1.12 (recipe are JSON based now, and many more done).
- Now able to know the song length (time).
- Made the Gui for jukebox work (and is local play list only).
- Made Time-bar for Gui when local list is active.
- Made the radio URL only (W.I.P).
- Updated config file (removes unused data now).
- Much less data messages needed (testing).
- Radio and jukebox use the new sub-block provider system.
- and many more invisible stuff was done.
How to install r2s Radio Mod?
- Download and install the recommended Minecraft Forge for your Minecraft version.
- Download the latest mod version and r2s Core for your Minecraft version.
- Put the .jar file into the mods folder of your Minecraft installation.
Download Links for r2s Radio Mod
for Minecraft 1.12
for Minecraft 1.11.2 / 1.11
for Minecraft 1.10.2
Credit: TiTi – Original Thread on CurseForge