Rei’s Minimap Mod is a map that allows you to add customizations, location options, as well as unique abilities to spot mobs and animals. With a huge list of features, players can easily navigate underground with the cave feature, or above ground with the detailed compass and map. The map is extremely detailed, allowing you to see different shades of colors, even if they are barely noticeable. You can also see types of biomes, caves, surface types and more.
Some of the other highlights include:
- The minimap, located in the top right corner, can be enabled or disabled using the M key. You can also enable or disable any of the features of the map.
- It contains a locator on it that allows you to see location of mob spawners, animals and NPC villagers in the game, giving you the ability to avoid or attack. The further you get from these things, the lighter the marker for them becomes, letting you easily gauge a safe distance.
- The compass feature allows you to see your directions, as well as your co-ordinates above or below your game. Usually to see these, you need to pause your game and press F3, but this way you always know where you are and where you’re going.
- Waypoints can be easily set on any location in your map. This includes areas you have never explored, as well as places you’d like to return to. You can color code your waypoints in order to better organize yourself and keep track of which areas you are using for what.
- The map is easily customizable allowing you to change the size and transparency of the map itself, or to add or subtract features.You can also adjust the view on the map,letting you zoom in or out. You can also customize the keys to stop it from going above other mods.