If you’ve ever played any role-playing game before then, you’ll probably be familiar with the concept of utilizing special skills and abilities. The ability to use powerful abilities is one of the defining aspects of role-playing games because it makes them a lot more enjoyable to play and, thanks to the Skillable mod, this feature can be enjoyed in Minecraft as well. It’s a top notch mod that adds a variety of useful skills into the game that players will be able to utilize in order to wreak havoc on anyone who stands in their path.
The Skillable mod implements a full-fledged system through which players will be able to gain experience, level up and then unlock various skills that they can utilize whenever in need. It’s important to remember that you’ll only be able to unlock one new skill per level so, before you have access to all of them, you’ll need to get a couple of levels under your belt. The mod also restricts a lot of limitations that players usually have when playing vanilla Minecraft. For example, thanks to this mod, you’ll be allowed to use a Diamond Pickaxe before you reach level 16 in mining and this is definitely a game changer.
One crucial thing that you’ll need to remember about the Skillable mod is the fact that it also alters certain vanilla behaviors. For example, after applying this mod, you won’t be able to acquire wool from sheep by killing them. Instead, you’ll need to use shears to get the wool off them. Also, you won’t be able to utilize any items or blocks until you’ve acquired the necessary skills for doing so. Overall, if you don’t mind the minor changes that the mod makes to vanilla Minecraft, you’re definitely going to like using Skillable.
Skillable Mod for Minecraft 1.12.2 Changelogs
- Added the ability to lock an entire mod at once by just using the mod ID.
- Fixed a dupe with perfect recover and silk touch.
- Redid the config formatting to accomodate advancements having namespaces. Configs from 1.11 will need to be discarded or updated.
- Replaced achievements (ach:) with advancements (adv|)
- Note: Advancements from world data will not work with skill locks. If you need custom ones, you’ll have to make a mod with no code and the advancements inside.
How to install Skillable Mod?
- Download and install the recommended Minecraft Forge for your Minecraft version.
- Download the latest mod version for your Minecraft version.
- Put the .jar file into the mods folder of your Minecraft installation.