Sound Physics is an extremely impressive Minecraft mod that’s in no way similar to the traditional mods that we’ve seen over the years. There are multitudes of Minecraft mods, but most of them revolve around adding new gameplay mechanics, making things more convenient or adding new content to the game. However, Sound Physics has been designed solely to change the way sound works in Minecraft, and it ends up making some pretty impressive changes that make the gameplay experience significantly more immersive and realistic. Sound Physics might take a bit of getting used to but, once you’ve figured it out, you’ll hardly ever want to stop using it.
It’s worth mentioning that Sound Physics is by no means a minor mod. It’s been built to completely overhaul the sound engine of Minecraft, and this is, of course, isn’t a small feat. Onto its actual features, Sound Physics is an absolute delight to use once you get used to it. The mod simulates realistic sound reverberation, sound occlusion and even proper sound absorption in certain objects. Every single sound feels very realistic with this mod applied such as footsteps of incoming mobs, echoes in underground dungeons and various other things.
The Sound Physics truly shines when players are wandering through areas like caverns that are far underground. When wandering through these areas, this mod will let you hear the footsteps of mobs, and you’ll be able to use these footsteps to determine where a mob is so you can either hone in on it or run away from it. The mod’s features will also allow you to tell whether something is above you or below you and this information can be quite useful in a variety of different scenarios. All said and done, Sound Physics is a phenomenal mod that overhauls the sound engine of Minecraft to make for a realistic and immersive experience.
How to install Sound Physics Mod?
- Download and install the latest recommended version of Minecraft Forge.
- Download the Sound Physics mod from the Downloads section below.
- Open or unzip the downloaded zip file (which contains a .jar file).
- Place the jar file inside the .zip file you just downloaded in your .minecraft/mods directory.
- Download the SE Soundfix resource pack.
- Place the resource pack .zip file in your .minecraft/resourcepacks directory.
- Select the resource pack in Options > Resource Packs and make sure it’s at the top of the active resource packs list.
- Configure the parameters in the Mod Options menu to your liking.
Download Link for Sound Physics Mod
for Minecraft 1.11
Credit: sonicether – Original Thread on Minecraft Forum