The Sphax PureBDCraft resource pack is one of the most popular packs for Minecraft to date. Designed specifically to make Minecraft look like a comic book, this pack may be the most popular comic style resource pack of all time. This pack comes in every resolution, from 16x all the way up to 512x, and there are some huge leaps and bounds in quality as you move upwards, towards the higher resolution versions. The 128x pack is right in the middle and seems indicative of what you can expect from Sphax PureBDCraft, so let’s just take a closer look at that version.
The 128x version of Sphax PureBDCraft may be too heavy for some computers to process, but if you find that you can’t use it, or that you want something that looks even better, just remember the pack comes in multiple versions. Textures are bright and colorful, and there seems to be a very strong presence of yellow throughout this resource pack, so much that even green textures like grass seem to have a yellow tint to them. Textures are up to date and complete, even as far as Minecraft 1.10, which means Sphax PureBDCraft works just fine with the latest version of the game.
This resource pack also comes with a number of add-ons to further enhance the experience for those players with the processing power to run them. For instance, the More 3D Items add-on gives better 3D models to things like swords and bows and arrows, and that’s just one of the many add-ons available for PureBDCraft. This pack is thorough too since it replaces every single texture in Minecraft with something new. Purists will shy away, but others will love this pack.
Sphax PureBDCraft Resource Pack Changelogs
for Minecraft 1.12
- Added Terracotta by Sphax
- Added Concrete and Concrete Powder by EskiMojo14
- Added Advancements GUI by HanFox
- Added Recipe Book GUI by EskiMojo14 & Sphax
- Added Parrots by Sphax
- Added the icy Illusionist by Sphax
- Added Clovers by MushirMickeyJoe & EskiMojo14
- Added ears to Vex by EskiMojo14 & Sphax (requires Optifine)
- Added some fancy block transitions 256x-16x by EskiMojo14 (requires Optifine)
- New breaking/destroy textures by Sphax
- Updated GUI for Beacon, Brewing Stand, Chest, Crafting Table, Furnace, Player Inventory, Book, and Shulker Box by Sphax
- Updated Trapped Chest by Sphax
- Updated Main Menu / Buttons by Sphax
- Updated Beds by EskiMojo14 & Sphax
- Tweaked colours of Shulker Boxes by EskiMojo14
- Shulker boxes have more thickness by EskiMojo14 (requires Optifine)
- Smoother Sun by HanFox
- Fluffier Sheep by Sphax
- Stumpy-legged Chickens by Sphax
- Un-Ducked Chickens by EskiMojo14 (requires Optifine)
- Fixed missing Broken Elytra variant by EskiMojo14
- Fixed Door positions on ground and in frames by HanFox
- Fixed Skeleton archers pulling arrows from thin air by EskiMojo14 (requires Optifine)
- Disabled 512x CTM for Diamond and Emerald due to game limitations
How to install Sphax PureBDCraft Resource Pack?
- Start Minecraft.
- Click “Options” in the start menu.
- Click “resource packs” in the options menu.
- In the resource packs menu, click “Open resource pack folder”.
- Put the .zip file you downloaded in the resource pack folder.
Download Link for Sphax PureBDCraft Resource Pack
for Minecraft 1.12.X / 1.11.X