Tim’s Expansion has been designed solely for the purpose of adding new content to Minecraft in order to make things fresh, and it definitely manages to do so. The mod came out just a few months back but is already one of the best available of its type. It features tons upon tons of different kinds of items, various kinds of blocks, supports multiple versions of Minecraft and is bound to have a lot of great new features added to it through future updates because the creator updates this pack quite often to make sure that it remains up to date.
The big attraction of Tim’s Expansion mod is, of course, the fact that it has multitudes of different items that players can utilize. There’s bricked clay which is similar to stone clay but comes in sixteen different colors thereby allowing for more customization. There are various food items, tons upon tons of tools, armor items and many different kinds of blocks as well. It’s key to point out that some of the mod’s features haven’t yet been made fully available with the 1.10.2 version so if you’re switching from 1.7 to 1.10, then you might notice a few things missing. Fortunately, the key items are all still there, so this isn’t that big of an issue.
While the mod already has an insane amount of items for players to try out, there are still plans to add a lot more. In the future, there will be more food recipes, more armors, and tools, more kinds of metals, glass doors, trap doors and chests made from all sorts of wood. All things considered, If you feel that your Minecraft is lacking content and could use more features and items then Tim’s Expansion mod is one that you should definitely consider.
Tim’s Expansion Mod for Minecraft 1.10.2 Changelogs
- Added walls: clay walls, bricked clay walls, bricks walls, and much more!
- Changed Chalkstone to Pale Limestone.
- Changed name of some blocks to fit better in the game and the mod. Example: Stone Bricks has been named to Stone Brick
- Many blocks have received their slabs and stairs as also their walls. Example: Mossy Stone Bricks now has his slabs, stairs, walls.
- Stone has now it’s own slab (crafting recipe has been changed). The (smooth) Stone Slab is still available.
- The original stone slab has been renamed to Smooth Stone Slab and can be crafted by placing a normal stone slab in the crafting table.
- Smooth Stone slabs stays something special to have.
- Retextured the colored bricks, because they looked flat and now the look better (my opinion).
- Retexturing other blocks/items (from my mod) is something that can happen more in the future (chalkstone&marblestone perhaps).
How to install Tim’s Expansion Mod?
- Download Forge installer, open it and install
- Open the Minecraft launcher and select Forge in the profile list
- Click Edit Profile and then Open Game Dir, this opens the game folder
- Create a new folder called mods
- Download the mod and put it into the mods folder
Download Links for Tim’s Expansion Mod
for Minecraft 1.10.2 / 1.10
for Minecraft 1.7.10
Credit: winnetrie – Original Thread on CursForge