Metroid Cubed 3 is a mod that, as the name suggests, has been inspired by the popular game series by Nintendo. If you grew up playing video games in the NES era, then you’re probably already familiar with this particular name because Metroid was actually all the rage back then. Although the franchise is still quite reputable, it isn’t as popular as it was back in the NES days. Metroid Cubed 3 is a high-quality mod that aims to replicate various different features from the Metroid video games in order to bring them into Minecraft. It’s a bit rough around the edges but, all things considered, this is a pretty high-quality mod that does an excellent job of capturing the essence of the Metroid series.
Perhaps the biggest feature that the Metroid Cubed 3 mod brings to the table is the addition of powersuits. If you’ve played Metroid games before then, you’ll recall that these suits were a pretty massive aspect of the gameplay as they gave players a variety of bonuses and statistical advantages. The suits in this mod function in the same way because wearing them will give you access to a variety of different powers and abilities that you can use to wreck your foes. Also, the great thing about all the suits is that they allow you to jump boost, negate fall damage and give you infinite breathing underwater as long as they remain equipped.
Other than the suits, the Metroid Cubed 3 mod features an X-Ray Visor that you can use to view ores through walls, a Dark Visor that you can use to highlight creatures that are obscured from view, an Echo Visor that lights up blocks and entities based on how far they are from your location and, alongside all this, the mod features a full-fledged hyper mode that players will go into if they enter a pool of liquid phazon. Hyper mode lasts for around 25 seconds but, during these 25 seconds, you’ll have access to an insane amount of power that you can use to wreak havoc on anyone or anything that comes in your path.
Metroid Cubed 3 Mod Update Logs
- Added an option to enable/disable the rescaling of the HUD.
- Added variant to damageable blocks that breaks all connected damageable blocks of the same type.
- Added power bomb, screw attack, speed booster, super missile, and normal breakable blocks.
- Changed breakable block default textures to zero-mission style textures
- Dark/light portals now use the IBlockDamageable interface for activation instead of code inside the beam projectiles.
- Changed transparent enities to use the correct render pass.
- Improved ship model.
- Moved refill drops code to entity drops event.
- Added Entity Tester block – behaves like a command block, but tests for entities of configurable types in defined regions.
How to install Metroid Cubed 3 Mod?
- Download and install the recommended Minecraft Forge for your Minecraft version.
- Download the latest mod version for your Minecraft version.
- Put the .jar file into the mods folder of your Minecraft installation.
Download Link for Metroid Cubed 3 Mod
for Minecraft 1.7.10
Credit: FirEmerald – Original Thread on CursForge