Trapcraft is a Minecraft mod that’s definitely going to lead to a ton of hilarious and creative gameplay scenarios if you choose to try it out. This is a mod that’s built for players who want to utilize intricate ways of dealing with their foes in Minecraft instead of the usual methods. This is a mod that’ll allow you to put your creativity to use in a variety of exciting ways and we definitely recommend giving it a shot if you want to add some out-of-the-ordinary features to your Minecraft world.
The Trapcraft mod basically adds a whole bunch of different traps that have various effects whenever they’re triggered and each one of these traps has a distinct and creative design so they’re all quite fun to use. The mod includes standard traps that most people are probably familiar with such as the bear trap that activates whenever it comes in contact with an entity and causes it to blood out but, alongside these traditional traps, Trapcraft offers quite a few unique elements as well such as the magnetic chest that automatically pulls nearby items towards itself or the fan through which you can push entities towards your traps if they don’t seem to fall for them.
Up until now, the Trapcraft mod has been downloaded over 1,300,000 times and there haven’t been any reports of significant bugs that would hinder the experience so you should feel free to use the mod without any worries. Overall, Trapcraft is an insanely creative mod that’ll allow you to pull off some incredibly creative things in the Minecraft world.
Check out the different traps Trapcraft offers, each with a different trigger and working mechanism.
- Triggered upon contact with any non-player creature.
- Triggered traps can be activated to reset them.
- Holds the prey in place while they periodically bleed out.
- Bears are not included. Use at your own risk.
- Unsuspecting prey don’t want to walk into your traps? Push them in.
- Also can push items at speed and can push falling sand.
- Needs a redstone signal to work!
- Taunts all monsters within an aggro radius and line of sight to attack it.
- Has 20 health and drops the vanilla human head on death.
- Deal damage to any entity that comes in contact with it.
- Does not affect items.
- Breaks when walked on.
- Useful for covering pitfalls and spikes.
- Blends to the color of grass on a per biome basis.
- Lights on fire when powered.
- The distance the fire is placed can be upgraded using an Igniter range module.
Igniter Range Module:
To upgrade an igniter right-click on an igniter and it will open this interface.
Then place the number of blocks you want the igniter to be able to reach in the slots to the right.
- Pulls nearby items towards itself and automatically deposits any item that makes contact.
- Useful for collecting loot from traps.