People have been making mods for Minecraft, essentially since the game was first released. Back in the day, because there was only the one game mode, people were modifying creative mode to make it easier to navigate and play – mods like Too Many Items were some of the first to be seen by the Minecraft community. As time progressed and Survival and Hardcore game modes were introduced, the modding community had many more opportunities to modify Minecraft and change up the standard game experience. Today, Minecraft Forge API is a necessary tool for anyone modding their Minecraft game.
Basically, Minecraft Forge API is a mod loading and execution tool. Forge was developed not only so other mods would work properly, but so players could turn on and off the mods they want (or don’t want) to play with, with the click of a mouse in an easy-to-read window, rather than making them dig through their Minecraft data and mods folders to switch things on and off manually.
Minecraft Forge API is more than just a mod loading tool, however. It also helps players who are designing their own mods by ensuring compatibility with Minecraft Forge API. This makes player-made mods more efficient than if they were being made without concern for compatibility, and thanks to an updated GUI, Forge will let players know if an improperly installed mod will cause the game to crash, before the player starts their game and experiences said crash.
Minecraft Forge API is a great modloading tool that also helps players in making mods the whole Minecraft community can enjoy. It is incompatible with Modloader though, so don’t even try to play with both programs installed.
Minecraft Forge API for Minecraft 1.9, 1.8 and 1.7.10 Changelogs
- Fixed Stronghold Library not having anything in it’s chests.
- Fix GameData.findBlock
- Fixed anaglyph transformation not being applied in the forge lighting fully.
- Provide ItemCameraTransforms for vanilla models when possible.
- Performace fix for item rendering.
How to install Minecraft Forge API for Minecraft?
- Just download the installer.
- Open the installer.
- Select “Install client” and click on “OK” button.
Download Links for Minecraft Forge API
for Minecraft 1.10.2
for Minecraft 1.10
for Minecraft 1.9.4
- Fix Bucket rendering and add sound (#2865)
- Adjust generated quads from texture to take texture size into account #2858
- Fix universal bucket not passing through when right-clicking on a non-block
- Add proper sound events when picking up modded fluids #2821
- Save sound for filling/emptying in the fluid
for Minecraft 1.9
- Fixed invalid index calculation in BakedQuadRetextured.
- Fixed Block.doesSideBlockRendering.
- Fixed outline shader rendering.
- Fixed sprite not being passed to the quad builder for custom models.
- Fixed diffuse lighting not being applied if forge lighting pipeline is disabled.
for Minecraft 1.8.9
- Fixed perspective transformation handling for fluid models, changed inventory fluid model to use unrotated still texture.
- Don’t crash on exception during loading of item variants from blockstate jsons.
- Fixed implementation if IRetexturableModel in ItemLayerModel.
- Java6 + Eclipse + Gradle strike again.
for Minecraft 1.8
for Minecraft 1.7.10
for Minecraft 1.7.2
for Minecraft 1.6.4
Credit: LexManos – Website: MinecraftForge.net